Hey, everybody.

The 1.9 SL Switchback is my first official hammock. I’m searching for a tarp for it. As you know, the SB is 120 inches long and Dale at TTTG recommends a tarp with a 144 inch ridgeline. I‘ve read that some SB users say a 132 in. ridgeline is sufficient.

For those of you using a tarp with a 132 in. ridgeline, is that only a “fair weather” set up for you, or do you find it sufficient for heavy winds and/or rain? If it is only a fair weather tarp for you, what do you use (or plan to use) for harher weather conditions?

I’ve seen pictures posted here at HF where guys criss-cross the tarp corners to help enclose the hammock from wind and rain. Does anyone here with a do that with a tarp with a 132 in ridgeline? How has it worked for you? Or would a 144 in ridgeline tarp be better for that sort of coverage? And, if you do fold over the corners, do you use pull outs from the side of the tarp to pull the tarp away from your hammock? Or do you use pull outs at the bottom edge of the tarp to pull the tarp away from your hammock? Or both? I’m asking because it seems that some manufacturers differ in what they offer as far as pull outs on the side v. pull outs on the edge of the tarp.

SoCal Mike