So, I gave Adam a call today to check on the status of my orders and he said they went in the mail today! So, what am I getting?

I ordered a (then) 45 - 50 F Burrow and had some M90 shipped from Thru-Hiker to Adam to make the quilt with. Adam stuffed it with 1 oz of overfill for me, just to get that extra little umph out of it! I opted for the velcro closure at the bottom to give me more of a complete seal than the snaps, but I did ask him to install one snap at the top of the velcro so I am less likely to accidentally unvlecro it...

And I do know it is a little late to be ordering the (now) 50 F top quilt, but in the Southeast it is still quite warm (it was 102 F today) and I figure it will be that way for a while so it should be good to use for another 2 months or so... Also, I did try ordering a quilt similar to this at the beginning of the year, but it didn't work out, so I finally went to Hammock Gear for my TQ (and I think I will be very happy with it...)

The 2nd item is one of Adam's 20 F Phoenix UQ using the cuben. I also asked him to put an extra oz of down in it too, again, just to give me a slight edge... And as much as I would have loved the M55 for the outer shell on the UQ, I was not about to ask the wife for a little more $$$ for it... Again, I have a feeling that I will not be disappointed with the stock 1.1 ripstop anyway...

So... I just picked up my first hammock a little while back, the GT UL from a forum member here and I have been quite happy with it. The first thing I did was to swap out the suspension for some whoopies and tree straps and it dropped the weight considerably. I have been very happy with the hammock so far and see myself using it more, which is why I ordered the UQ. I have been in the mid 60's and felt slightly cool underneath, so I knew that if I planned to continue to use it I would need something underneath me. And as much as I would like a (summer) 40 F UQ, I opted to go with the 20 F for now so that I can get more use out of it now. And as far as the top quilt, I can use my marmot Helium in quilt mode for the remainder of the year (or at least once it get's cold enough to warrant it...)

So, anyway, I just wanted to share my excitement. It seems that everyone has nothing but good things to say about HG so I don't think I went wrong...now if I can just get my grubby little hands on them...