Switchback
    Tarp
    OES MacCat's
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    "Gumbo" is collecting all donations to help with the Hammock Hang.

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.7
    Tarp
    Mac Cat Ultra
    Insulation
    thermarest, DIY UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies and strap
    Images
    We have three meal models. One is the solo option--you bring it, you cook it, you eat it. The second are prearranged messes. Groups of varying forms will form and make their own arrangements. Some will do all their meals as a mess, others will agree to just one. Some messes may team up with another with one covering one meal, the other another one. The third is a communal meal. Last year, we the organizers invited every participant to a shared meal on Sat night. In that spirit many talented hands jumped in and offered in deserts and more. Although we have not yet made plans formally, I suspect that a similar communal Sat night meal will happen. One thing is sure--no one should expect that the food will all just be there and all they need to do is wait for it to fall into their mouths! Messes are forming already--so get in on the action. If anyone has a meal idea, throw it out there and I am sure you will get plenty of folks eager to make it happen. Between some solo planning, mess participation, and a communal (still not fully sorted though) meal, everyone should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by josh813 View Post
    So what I'm gathering so far is its going to be like a group food situation? Who do I send the $ to.

Or each their own? I will have no problem sharing. Just may have to see about letting some food ride with someone from the Tampa area as I always like to make a ton and say dig in. Lol. Just can't carry a whole lot on a motorcycle.
    Hedgehogs! Why can't they just share the hedge?

FH3 REPORTS AND PICS http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=66682
    FH4 In the Planning Now! Ask me for more......
    "Vada a Bordo, Cazzo!"

Hammock
    eno doublenest
    Awesome. This is my first group hang and just unsure of all the workings of it.

Hammock
    Warbonet BB 1.1d, BB 1.7d
    Tarp
    Big MJ, Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB quilts, Volara
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flackfizer View Post
    We have three meal models. One is the solo option--you bring it, you cook it, you eat it. The second are prearranged messes. Groups of varying forms will form and make their own arrangements. Some will do all their meals as a mess, others will agree to just one. Some messes may team up with another with one covering one meal, the other another one. The third is a communal meal. Last year, we the organizers invited every participant to a shared meal on Sat night. In that spirit many talented hands jumped in and offered in deserts and more. Although we have not yet made plans formally, I suspect that a similar communal Sat night meal will happen. One thing is sure--no one should expect that the food will all just be there and all they need to do is wait for it to fall into their mouths! Messes are forming already--so get in on the action. If anyone has a meal idea, throw it out there and I am sure you will get plenty of folks eager to make it happen. Between some solo planning, mess participation, and a communal (still not fully sorted though) meal, everyone should be fine.
    So how do we join a "Mess"? I would like to cook my Fajitas for the group dinner in conjunction with others who plan to do dinner meal.
    "It's like a giant net for catching lazy people"
    "You never see anyone crying in a hammock" -Jim Gaffigan on Hammocks
    NorseAmerican

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.7
    Tarp
    Mac Cat Ultra
    Insulation
    thermarest, DIY UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies and strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NorseAmerican View Post
    So how do we join a "Mess"? I would like to cook my Fajitas for the group dinner in conjunction with others who plan to do dinner meal.
    Well--there you go! The Fajita Mess is now a go project! If anyone wants to join in all they have to do is follow up with you and you all can work out how to share expenses. I am a solo guy in the food dept, but I can say this, no one had any food problems last year. Everyone chipped in fully and fairly and the word "freeloader" never came near to anyone's lips. I know that Gumbo (guess how she got that name!) is collecting funds so we need her to chime in, but i encourage everyone to offer up their food ideas. Take a look at last year's thread and you will see how some of the food took shape.
    Hedgehogs! Why can't they just share the hedge?

FH3 REPORTS AND PICS http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=66682
    FH4 In the Planning Now! Ask me for more......
    "Vada a Bordo, Cazzo!"

Hammock
    Tarp
    Big MJ, Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB quilts, Volara
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flackfizer;58208s4
    Well--there you go! The Fajita Mess is now a go project! If anyone wants to join in all they have to do is follow up with you and you all can work out how to share expenses. I am a solo guy in the food dept, but I can say this, no one had any food problems last year. Everyone chipped in fully and fairly and the word "freeloader" never came near to anyone's lips. I know that Gumbo (guess how she got that name!) is collecting funds so we need her to chime in, but i encourage everyone to offer up their food ideas. Take a look at last year's thread and you will see how some of the food took shape.
    Thanks!

So Here is the Fajita MESS. My Fajitas for a group this size require a good amount of Grill space. I have a small camping-ish Webber grill, but will need more(2 full size or 3 smaller). Can anyone help in this area?
    As for funds, it should not be more than 200+- to feed the whole crew and I am not big on collecting or paperwork. How about I just take care this and give me and the kids meal credits for the weekend? New on the Group Hang thing, so bear with me. Any suggestions?

Please PM me if you wish to help with grills and assistant help.

Anyone a Margarita Expert? My Fajitas are Kick *** and go great with Ritas!
    NorseAmerican

Hammock
    Lite Owl; Light Hiker
    Tarp
    Toxaway;MacCat Dlx
    Insulation
    Burrow; Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I got a new grill for my birthday earlier this year. Gas and charcoal. I brought it home on a trailer so I'll have to see if it fits in my bed (small truck and the toolbox takes up some room). If so I can bring it. Here's my buddy checking it out.

JaxHiker aka Kudzu - WFA
    Florida Trail Association: NE FL Trail Coordinator (Gold Head to Stephen Foster)
    Trail Issues? Please let me know.
    Blazing Trails with Kudzu @ www.idratherbehiking.com
    Follow me @idratherbhiking

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 11 WB
    Insulation
    3S Phnx/1S GoLite
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NorseAmerican View Post
    Thanks!

So Here is the Fajita MESS. My Fajitas for a group this size require a good amount of Grill space. I have a small camping-ish Webber grill, but will need more(2 full size or 3 smaller). Can anyone help in this area?
    As for funds, it should not be more than 200+- to feed the whole crew and I am not big on collecting or paperwork. How about I just take care this and give me and the kids meal credits for the weekend? New on the Group Hang thing, so bear with me. Any suggestions?

Please PM me if you wish to help with grills and assistant help.

Anyone a Margarita Expert? My Fajitas are Kick *** and go great with Ritas!
    I have a small grill that is probably about the same amount of grill space as yours that I can bring (just let me know if you want me to bring it since I'm short on space). I'm also planning on bringing a bag of Kingsford and a chimney lighter that you can share. I will probably only need about half of the bag, you can use the rest if you want.

I am going to make bread of some sort so you're welcome to first dibs on some of that in exchange for fajitas

Dave
    The best things in life aren't things. -- Art Buchwald

Hammock
    Tarp
    Big MJ, Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB quilts, Volara
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxHiker View Post
    I got a new grill for my birthday earlier this year. Gas and charcoal. I brought it home on a trailer so I'll have to see if it fits in my bed (small truck and the toolbox takes up some room). If so I can bring it. Here's my buddy checking it out.

That set up would be great! Thanks!
    NorseAmerican

Hammock
    Tarp
    Big MJ, Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB quilts, Volara
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by samsara View Post
    I have a small grill that is probably about the same amount of grill space as yours that I can bring (just let me know if you want me to bring it since I'm short on space). I'm also planning on bringing a bag of Kingsford and a chimney lighter that you can share. I will probably only need about half of the bag, you can use the rest if you want.

I am going to make bread of some sort so you're welcome to first dibs on some of that in exchange for fajitas

Dave
    Thanks Dave, Between Jakhiker and your grill, we should be set!
    NorseAmerican

• + New Posts
  • Page 23 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast