WBBB 1.0 dbl
    Tarp
    Edge w/ Dutch CRL
    Insulation
    MambaTQ/PhoenixUQ
    Suspension
    D. Buckle/Whoopies
    Images
    I've ordered from Brandon twice... he's been great on communication when he gets around to it. Gotta remember its a small operation. I missed out on a trip with my Black Bird, was there the day I got back. Despite that I wouldn't hesitate to order from him again. Remember they go hiking, too!! Also, I plan on having my Black Bird for a long, long time... totally worth the wait.

Happy Hangin'
    Ben
    Pass the Apple Pie

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastFeastCoast View Post
    Gotta remember its a small operation.
    Ben
    i have to disagree. cottage industry mean home-based. i am a home-based industry also. i don't use it as an excuse. im expected to give great service. please, i am not picking on brandon, but on HF. we got to stop making excuses for them. THEY chose to go into business and i wish the entrepreneurs the best.
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    HG std CF3
    Insulation
    Yeti; Mt. Wash. 4
    Suspension
    Dutchware kevlar
    Images
    My WBBB 1.7 was on back-order when I ordered it last year. I forget how long it took for delivery but, I do remember that it arrived more than a week earlier than expected.

I've always found Brandon's service to be exceptional.
    "I go because it irons out the wrinkles in my soul." -- Sigurd Olson

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    Holding customer hands is time not producing product.

Order a custom bicycle frame, and the wait may be over a year.

If you think the shop, Warbonnet or anyone else, should only charge a deposit, and then not bill until the product ships, suggest that. Or, maybe an accessible web page where your order, with a code known only to you and the producer, can be tracked, with an estimated date of shipping. Easy, with such as, but not necessarily a Google document spreadsheet.

Not rocket science. It has been done with school grades, with confidentiality, for years .

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DemostiX View Post
    Holding customer hands is time not producing product.
    this is the most common excuse for poor service. make the customer feel guilt for asking questions. CUSTOMER SERVICE is a part of any business. we need to HELP the cottage industry grow this skill. it is definitely a growing pain in any small growing business.
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 dbl
    Tarp
    Edge w/ Dutch CRL
    Insulation
    MambaTQ/PhoenixUQ
    Suspension
    D. Buckle/Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kayak karl View Post
    this is the most common excuse for poor service. make the customer feel guilt for asking questions. CUSTOMER SERVICE is a part of any business. we need to HELP the cottage industry grow this skill. it is definitely a growing pain in any small growing business.
    I don't think anyone is trying to make anyone feel guilty. I was merely stating, like a few other people, that it might take some time... and that's expected with cottage industries. Taking a day or two extra to respond to an email, or taking an extra few days or even a week to send a package is not necessarily poor customer service. Brandon, and other vendors, have always worked with me to solve a dilemma or concern.

If customer service is that important to you , talk with the vendor. If you have correspondence before you order, you know what to expect.

That being said, I do agree with you that improved customer service couldn't hurt. We should provide feedback to our vendors and work with them on how to improve.
    Pass the Apple Pie

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    OES deluxe
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Yep, it is the move. I put in a special order and it will take about 6 weeks total to get it, if it is on the schedule he recently sent me. I knew when I ordered it, it would take a while. Cottage industry folks do the best they can. Some are better than others. Brandon is one of the best.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastFeastCoast View Post
    That being said, I do agree with you that improved customer service couldn't hurt. We should provide feedback to our vendors and work with them on how to improve.
    agreed. that may stop some of these threads.

Hammock
    WBBB RR DBL 1.1 / DIY Multicam SL
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip
    Quote Originally Posted by heygenius View Post
    Curious to find others experiences with Warbonnet. I ordered a Superfly about 4 weeks ago. It was on backorder and according to their site it should ship within 3 weeks. Realizing this, I'm not concerned yet, but I had sent an email a few days back asking the status and have yet to get a response. I'm assuming I'm just being impatient and they're probably very busy, but my question is, have others had good/bad experiences with Warbonnet? Granted, asking this question after I've already paid probably isn't the smartest move I've made...
    I am in the same boat as you. I ordered a superfly the beginning of August and have been the kid the day before Christmas, for the last week jumping at my email waiting for the "your product has shipped" email. I know that everything is good and I will have a great product.

Again, very much appreciate all the responses. I didn't realize it was such a small operation and certainly didn't intend to start a customer service debate. So long as I have it before the winter weather sets in I'm in good shape. I'm somewhat of a gear junky with a basement that looks like REI threw up, so this just gives me a little time clean it up a little so my wife won't notice another addition....

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast