Tarp
    WB, ZPacks
    Insulation
    Incubators/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoppie/Strap
    Images

Need some help

I think I need a new quilt. I need some help deciding. Here's what my goal is: I would like to get down to a low of +/-15*F. Snowy/storm conditions. I have not been in these types of conditions in a hammock so I decided I need to get geared up. Here is what I have: JRB MW3 Convertible rated to 20*F, a Hammock Gear Incubator rated to 40*F. I have a Hammock gear Burrow Top Quilt rated to 40*F. I also have various CCF pads but prefer not to use these unless I have to. I will carry a torso pad just in case it gets colder than expected but don’t want to have to rely on one. Also there is no way for me to test this with out going to the mountains. Where I live, it never get colder then 40's.

So what do I need? Another Incubator? Another Burrow? Unfortunately cannot afford both yet.

Thanks for your help,

~S~

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dbl,Hennessy Exped
    Tarp
    WB Super fly
    Insulation
    HG tq/uq (soon)
    Suspension
    diy whoopie
    Images
    I think if you layer the JRB and the HG quilts you'll extend your temp rating well below 15 degrees. You might want to increase your top insulation. If you can't afford another TQ you can always grab a low priced sleeping bag to layer with your burrow.

Hammock
    1.1 Blackbird or Traveler SL
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    For those temps you might want to look into a peapod system. A lot of good results for below zero tests.
    "If you give a monkey a gun and he shoots someone, you dont blame the monkey"

The end of the world is not coming in December, it is happening now in my living room. - TFC Rick

http://watermonkey.net/

Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RaulPerez1?feature=mhee

Hammock
    WBB
    Tarp
    Superfly w/doors
    Insulation
    Flamethrower UQ
    May want to try a top cover for the bb. I believe KAQ makes one assuming you ate cold on top and not the bottom

• + New Posts