Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images

Welcome from Gainesville!

Welcome to the friendliest fine forums I've found so far (say that three times fast)!

In addition to everything else, check with the private campgrounds down there. Most of 'em won't have an issue with you hanging, as long as you're willing to show them what it entails. At least, that's been my experience. Only problem with that is the lack of trails at most of the campgrounds; but, if you car/bike/boat camp, that's less of an issue.

Hope to see you at the second annual hang!

Hammock
    DD Frontline
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Webbing and Knots
    Greetings from Boca Raton!
    I will definitely be watching this thread closely, as I've been looking for places to camp around here as well.

Hammock
    Diy
    Tarp
    FF
    Insulation
    lost river
    Suspension
    whoopies
    I really enjoy camping on the spoil islands.....
    I have tent camped in the everglades(Prior to my swinging days), but I believe they will not frown upon the idea of a hammock... although most of the tent sites were out inthe open.
    They have some remote beach sites that you can paddle or boat to.
    I personally have been wanting to spend a week hanging in the chickees down there like hell's bay area.
    If paddling the back waters study up and gain as much knowledge as possible it can be rough and hard to navigate, strong tidal flows, narrow channels oh and dont forge the crocs and alligators

Hammock
    DIY SL 1.9 Black
    Tarp
    OES Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Big Agnes IAC
    Suspension
    Whoopies or cinch
    WOO someone who lives even remotely near me ( Miami) !!!!! I have one thing to say about that law for state parks....dont get caught! Really just talk to the people who are in charge and give them all the info you have about how the hammock suspension doesnt hurt the tree ( if it is the proper suspension). I camp in Big Cypress ( my most recent hang was in August ) was less than cold thats for sure but it can be done if done correctly. Bear Island is my preferred site and is super primitive so you wont have many people there and you get one ranger role through in a truck on the main road ( a distance from the camp sites) the FT roles through it at one point in the camp ground so you have easy access to a nice day hike.
    Every time I hang in a tree I get a coconut to the head.....stupid coconuts

Hammock
    Sheltowee 20
    Tarp
    Speer
    Insulation
    Burrow
    Images
    welcome! see ya at the 2nd annual hang!

florida parks

Quote Originally Posted by TheHangingTechy View Post
    State parks do not allow anything to come in contact with their trees hanging or otherwise. Too many people have ruined the privilege for the rest of us.

Federal parks take a more common sense approach, if damage is done take it down. If there is no harm? then no foul. As always be nice to our trees and use wide tree straps or use a pavilion in the state parks.

Welcome to the forum.
    I did a search on FL state parks camping rules and could find nothing about hammocks being or not being allowed. Any idea where one can find this information.

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    Here is the portion of code that prohibits it:

The portion of the code that prohibits hammock camping all together is in section (2) Removal or Destruction of Park Property and Resources. No person shall destroy, injure, deface, mar, move, dig, harmfully disturb or remove from any park area, or the waters thereof, any buildings, structures, facilities, historic ruins, equipment, park property, soil, sand, gravel, rocks, stones, minerals, marine plants or animals, artifacts, or other materials. No person shall cut,carve, injure, mutilate, move, displace, or break off any water bottom formation or growth. Nor shall any person possess, break off, or in any way damage any stalactites, stalagmites or other cave formations. No rope, wire, or other contrivance whether permanent or temporary, shall be attached to any natural feature or property within a park.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12