ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah's 12
    Insulation
    Pad & BigAgnes Bag
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Bag without back and a pad?

What do you think of a Big Agnes Mica 20 Deg Bag for three season.

Its light and packs down small. No insulation on back and a pocket for a sleeping pad.

How do those with experience with pads and bags in hammocks think of this (maybe even some with this exact bag)?

Images
    i cut the zipper and the pad sleeve off mine once i got an under quilt. worked great both ways.
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

Images
    PS....... i left a 2 ft foot box on bottom
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah's 12
    Insulation
    Pad & BigAgnes Bag
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by kayak karl View Post
    i cut the zipper and the pad sleeve off mine once i got an under quilt. worked great both ways.
    Thank You, is the bag of good quality and does it pack down as much as they say?

Sleeping bags and pads work extremely well, the problem that most face is first getting in the bag which can be a pain sometimes! You have to wiggle around and pull the bag under you and get it centered!

Pad's have worked great for some and horrific for others! The problem's that arise are one staying on the pad, having the right pad for insulation purposes, and what I mean by this is air pad vs foam pad and everything in between! An air pad provides no insulation or very, very little, unless it has it's own inside the pad like the down air mat (or similar)! Most pads are also to narrow some around 20" or so which is fine on the ground, but, in a hammock the hammock side's contact your shoulders and chill you, eventually making for a rough night!
    As Karl already said most end up getting a Underquilt to make the experience that much better, also the cutting of the bag usually get's done, or one gets a Topquilt! Many do keep their bags and continue to use them and have done so perfectly, but they have developed a system per-say of getting in and getting situated!

Not sure if this help's or not!?!? There is also a great deal of info in the Pad section of the forum and I would suggest checking in there to give you some more ideas on the subject, basically, don't take my word for it!
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah's 12
    Insulation
    Pad & BigAgnes Bag
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranky Bear View Post
    Sleeping bags and pads work extremely well, the problem that most face is first getting in the bag which can be a pain sometimes! You have to wiggle around and pull the bag under you and get it centered!

Pad's have worked great for some and horrific for others! The problem's that arise are one staying on the pad, having the right pad for insulation purposes, and what I mean by this is air pad vs foam pad and everything in between! An air pad provides no insulation or very, very little, unless it has it's own inside the pad like the down air mat (or similar)! Most pads are also to narrow some around 20" or so which is fine on the ground, but, in a hammock the hammock side's contact your shoulders and chill you, eventually making for a rough night!
    As Karl already said most end up getting a Underquilt to make the experience that much better, also the cutting of the bag usually get's done, or one gets a Topquilt! Many do keep their bags and continue to use them and have done so perfectly, but they have developed a system per-say of getting in and getting situated!

Not sure if this help's or not!?!? There is also a great deal of info in the Pad section of the forum and I would suggest checking in there to give you some more ideas on the subject, basically, don't take my word for it!
    haha ok, thanks for the info!!

• + New Posts