Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Nice photo, FarmerRon. It will be good to see you, my friend. I don't know when the group meal will be. See you all there. I also like the Terrell Pond site. But it is a bit over camped and firewood may be a problem, at least it has been for us in the past. There would be plenty of firewood about anywhere else out there from the pond to the ruins.
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

Hammock
    Home Made from Acer
    Tarp
    Kelty
    Insulation
    Body Fat
    Suspension
    Mule's Special
    Images
    THe pond is a nice place to camp, but like Mule said, firewood is scarce there.
    About the meal...I have no idea when it is....I would venture to say sometime Friday or Saturday.
    Because of commitments, I too will have to leave Sunday by noon. My daughter is turning 15 that day. I tried to get her to come but she will have nothing to do with it. Said it is to cold....

I am still not sure what the meal is. I believe somene said the hog was way to expensive...and after reading on the net about spit cooking a 30 pounder, it would take 6 to 8 hours to fully cook....thats with no wind, and a warmer shield.....

It were up to me ( and please remember it is NOT ) i would just do the "fend for yourself " and if you desire to bring extra to share it would be ok....As mentioned, I am bringing at least 2 bottles of wine, and maybe a whole chicken......

Ron, I have your cell, so when time gets closer, we will hook up....

Jerry
    The only Easy day was yesterday.

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    I like what you say, Jerry. It's not up to me either, but if we were voting, I would vote for every man for himself when it came to food and water, and THEN if anyone wanted to bring something to share thats good too. I think my son and my two grandkids are coming too, and maybe two more or so on top of that.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mule View Post
    I like what you say, Jerry. It's not up to me either, but if we were voting, I would vote for every man for himself when it came to food and water, and THEN if anyone wanted to bring something to share thats good too. I think my son and my two grandkids are coming too, and maybe two more or so on top of that.
    As much as I would love a hog roast, seems a LOT of work for our style of getting together. I vote serve yourself & maybe bring a bit to share. I'll look & see what I got to bring, not sure if I got anything, but I'll look.
    When you have a backpack on, no matter where you are, you’re home.
    PAIN is INEVITABLE. MISERY is OPTIONAL.

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    If the hog is alive we could put a backpack on it full of charcoal and .......
    Or chickens or turkeys???

Hammock
    Dutch Netless
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear DCF
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ
    Suspension
    Woopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Mule View Post
    If the hog is alive we could put a backpack on it full of charcoal and .......
    Or chickens or turkeys???
    Great Idea!!!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7DL
    Tarp
    HG CF 4s
    Insulation
    Shamu & RAB
    Suspension
    All in One whoopie
    Images
    Well, I'm still planning to bring SOME firewood in with me and my stew pot. The pig was Lisa's thing so we'll have to see what she's gonna do. I can always make chicken noodle soup instead; I'm flexible.

I'll probably be in late thrusday just before dark. Then I have a friend who is performing at one of the bars in Bloomington on Sat. night, I'll be hanging around till late Sunday afternoon is my guess.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Images
    Despite the large slaughter, hog prices moved higher this week. The national average negotiated carcass price for direct delivered hogs on the morning report today was $90.85/cwt, up $3.51 from last Friday. The Friday morning price report for the western corn belt was $90.79/cwt. Iowa-Minnesota, at $93.19, was significantly higher than the western corn belt. Eastern corn belt barrows and gilts averaged $90.90/cwt of carcass. Friday’s top live hog price at Peoria was $63/cwt. Zumbrota’s top was also $63/cwt. The top for interior Missouri live hogs was $64.50/cwt, up 75 cents from the previous Friday. It appears that large amounts of pork are being exported.

Though my intention was to bring a small hog farmers are getting prime $$ for their animals right now. I really did'nt think it was going to be a big deal getting one because people have roasts all the time, but hog farmers are on cloud nine right now and it would cost me a bloody fortune not to mention trying to find a small hog. I should have researched first instead of jumping the gun and I apologize for doing so, but, I will make good on the Boston Butts and hope that I have not ruffled anybodys feathers.

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    No problem. That much weight would be better at a car camping hangout. What a gesture of kindness it was, thank you.

Images
    No problem. That much weight would be better at a car camping hangout. What a gesture of kindness it was, thank you.

Thank-you, I appreciated that post very much. I was feeling like a flake.

• + New Posts
  • Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast