Tarp
    Kelty
    Insulation
    Body Fat
    Suspension
    Mule's Special
    Images

2nd Annual Indiana Halloween Hang

Greetings great hangers of the Earth.....

It's that time again, Days are getting shorter, and the nighters are getting cooler. but the best of all......THE 2nd ANNUAL HALLOWEEN HANG!!!!!!!

Only with a twist......this year let's all take a vote as to where to have it.

How about

Browning Hill
    or
    Browning Hollow
    or
    The Old Ruins ( next to the old creepy cematery )

Dates will be October 28, 29, 30

Jerry....
    The only Easy day was yesterday.

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Hi Jerry For those of us that are not from your area, but may want to visit, can you list near by towns and such? Thanks

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images
    Well, I got to work till 2200 on Fri the 28th (so far) but yea, I'm up for that. Don't care where, so not voting. But someplace that I can hike to in the dark VERY early AM Sat. or later AM Sat.
    When you have a backpack on, no matter where you are, you’re home.
    PAIN is INEVITABLE. MISERY is OPTIONAL.

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.1 & 1.7
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Incbtr-AH Potmc
    Suspension
    WB Adj Web
    Images
    I believe he is referring to Brown County State Park, just SE of Bloomington IN,
    Browning Hill is a little south of Elkinsville, IN
    Is this the place??

Hammock
    Home Made from Acer
    Tarp
    Kelty
    Insulation
    Body Fat
    Suspension
    Mule's Special
    Images
    Yep thats it.....Sorry for the confusion.....

For the Ruins......

take 446 South fro Bloomington Indiana to Deam Widerness Road. Follow DW Road 10 to 12 miles to the Fire Tower...Park at the tower, and follow the trail to the Cematary ( see the maps for Deam ) At the Cemetary, go West and follow the trail ( top of the ridge ) down about 3/4 to 1 mile.....

For Browning Hill or Hollow

Take 46 West ( from Columbus Indiana ) to State road 135 Follow 135 South to Story Indiana, Approx. 15 miles. Turn West onto Story Road, ( the only road ) to Nebo Ridge Trail head. Park there, and follow the trail.....I will post the GPS Coord. soon...

Jerry
    The only Easy day was yesterday.

Hammock
    Dutch Netless
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear DCF
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ
    Suspension
    Woopie Slings
    Sounds good, I vote for browning hill. The hollow could be a backup is the weather is poor.

Hammock
    DIY HH Clone 85% done
    Tarp
    DIY In Progress
    Insulation
    None at the moment
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Man sounds awesome and a reason tog et out of lafayette indiana sounds awesome....except the rule i have that I dont camp or visit anywhere that is deemed scary or creepy or spooky on holloween. Its not the sppoky factor (as much) its knowing that night all kinds of poeple with no sense will be out and good chances of visiting those places as well lol.

Hammock
    DIY Whipped End
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx.
    Insulation
    DIY UQ by Mule
    Suspension
    Web'g@Buckles

Halloween Hang

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyZippo View Post
    Man sounds awesome and a reason tog et out of lafayette indiana sounds awesome....except the rule i have that I dont camp or visit anywhere that is deemed scary or creepy or spooky on holloween. Its not the sppoky factor (as much) its knowing that night all kinds of poeple with no sense will be out and good chances of visiting those places as well lol.
    C/Z If I wanted to attend the Halloween Hang, I would not let the fore mentioned reasons sway my decision. It would be a 4 mile hike,each way, over unmarked trails to approach Browning Hill. No common prankster would put forth the effort to do so. If someone would put forth the effort, they would have to know exactly where the group is hanging. And how to get there. Which would logically narrow the group of prospective pranksters to our circle of friends, that haunt the unmarked byways of the Hoosier National. Kindred spirits! Not evil spirits. A well planed prank executed by our friends would only add to the festive air! The folks who attend the Hoosier and Halloween Hangs from here and surrounding states, have all been possessed of good moral character. Kind, obliging, open minded and inclusive. It would be difficult to find yourself in better company. As far as the spooky factor is concerned. Halloween, in reality Samhain, does not occur until Oct. 31'st. So you will also be home safe from that Magical Spirit Night. When the mundane laws of space and time are temporarily suspended. One of two nights a year when the thin veil between the worlds is lifted. Permitting the souls of the departed to pass through this realm. On their way to final resolution! It is their resolution they seek! Not ours! BTW, I will probably not be able to attend the Halloween Hang. So I will not cast an official vote. But the only place to be on Halloween is Browning Hell! I mean Hill! Al
    Never confuse the facts with the truth! It ain't easy bein' geezy

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Reckon View Post
    C/Z If I wanted to attend the Halloween Hang, I would not let the fore mentioned reasons sway my decision. It would be a 4 mile hike,each way, over unmarked trails to approach Browning Hill. No common prankster would put forth the effort to do so. If someone would put forth the effort, they would have to know exactly where the group is hanging. And how to get there. Which would logically narrow the group of prospective pranksters to our circle of friends, that haunt the unmarked byways of the Hoosier National. Kindred spirits! Not evil spirits. A well planed prank executed by our friends would only add to the festive air! The folks who attend the Hoosier and Halloween Hangs from here and surrounding states, have all been possessed of good moral character. Kind, obliging, open minded and inclusive. It would be difficult to find yourself in better company. As far as the spooky factor is concerned. Halloween, in reality Samhain, does not occur until Oct. 31'st. So you will also be home safe from that Magical Spirit Night. When the mundane laws of space and time are temporarily suspended. One of two nights a year when the thin veil between the worlds is lifted. Permitting the souls of the departed to pass through this realm. On their way to final resolution! It is their resolution they seek! Not ours! BTW, I will probably not be able to attend the Halloween Hang. So I will not cast an official vote. But the only place to be on Halloween is Browning Hell! I mean Hill! Al
    Dead Reckon, I would like to make a request that you take the time to write what you know about the Indians and the hill. It's very interesting.
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    +1 to that. Moar Hill Lore!
    Signature suspended

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast