Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images

No Sniv Quilt & DriDucks Poncho

I recently ordered a DriDucks suit online and since it wasn't that expensive got the DriDucks poncho for my son for summer camp.

Well now I may not give him the poncho. I bought a JRB No Sniv quilt cuz I like the idea of being able to wear it around camp to keep warm. I put on my No Sniv and then the poncho and the poncho covers the No Sniv great. And it's only about 9 oz.

I was wondering if anyone has tried this combo out on the trail. I've never been one for ponchos but now that I have the No Sniv I may have to give this combo a try. There is this hang coming up at the end of the month in Maryland!

Of course I look like I weigh about a bazillion pounds and if anyone took my picture in this combo, I'd be truly mortified, but I'll wear just about anything if it keeps me warm and dry!

HC

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyCamper View Post
    I recently ordered a DriDucks suit online and since it wasn't that expensive got the DriDucks poncho for my son for summer camp.

Well now I may not give him the poncho. I bought a JRB No Sniv quilt cuz I like the idea of being able to wear it around camp to keep warm. I put on my No Sniv and then the poncho and the poncho covers the No Sniv great. And it's only about 9 oz.

I was wondering if anyone has tried this combo out on the trail. I've never been one for ponchos but now that I have the No Sniv I may have to give this combo a try. There is this hang coming up at the end of the month in Maryland!

Of course I look like I weigh about a bazillion pounds and if anyone took my picture in this combo, I'd be truly mortified, but I'll wear just about anything if it keeps me warm and dry!

HC
    HC,

Can't wait for the MAHHA... to see yor poncho/quilt rig......

HMMMMMMMmmmmmm?....

I see a calendar coming..... Hoties in Snivellers.... What month do you want to be?

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Yep I've used my Driduck jacket over my No Sniveler. Only when it was around 10 degrees though. Hans and Franz would aprove.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Where did you get a Dri Ducks poncho? Is it made from the same stuff as the Dri Ducks suit?
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    I got mine -- I mean my son's poncho from the Frogg Toggs online store. $13 plus s&h. It's exact material as the DriDucks suit I ordered. Both are green. The poncho comes in black or green online. I read where others have gotten them where DriDucks are sold. I checked Cabelas online but they only have suit listed.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    Where did you get a Dri Ducks poncho? Is it made from the same stuff as the Dri Ducks suit?
    I was curious about that as well, so I did some searching.

They are available from the Frogg Toggs website, but shipping is outrageous. Almost as much as the poncho.

Here seems to be a good source. Free USPS shipping!

I think I'll order one of the ponchos, also. My regular rain gear is a little too hot in warm weather. Summer is coming.
    Last edited by angrysparrow; 04-09-2008 at 21:35. Reason: fixed link
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

I wonder whether this would work as an under or over cover on a hh

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    I was curious about that as well, so I did some searching.

They are available from the Frogg Toggs website, but shipping is outrageous.

Here seems to be a good source. I think I'll order one of the ponchos, also. My regular rain gear is a little too hot in warm weather. Summer is coming.

Geeze! This is a much better deal than I got! Good going.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_pan View Post
    HC,

I see a calendar coming..... Hoties in Snivellers.... What month do you want to be?

Pan
    Well now I guess I'll have to be the "April Fool" !

The hood is very, very large. I bet I could put a motorcycle helmet under it. I pulled it back to where it fit and rubber banded it, which worked to make it fit and stay where I needed it to stay.

I may end up trimming, sewing and seam sealing it, but not sure. No bill on the hood either.
    Last edited by HappyCamper; 04-09-2008 at 21:50.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyCamper View Post
    Geeze! This is a much better deal than I got! Good going.

Well now I guess I'll have to be the "April Fool" !

The hood is very, very large. I bet I could put a motorcycle helmet under it. I pulled it back to where it fit and rubber banded it, which worked to make it fit and stay where I needed it to stay.

I may end up trimming, sewing and seam sealing it, but not sure. No bill on the hood either.
    Naww.....Just put s puffy down hood under it.... for the fashion conscious there are now color options.... I can see a full modeling contract in your future.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Images
    HC, You've thrown out enough information that we can only imagine something on the order of a green Michelin Man on steroids. We've gotta have some pics to set the record straight.
    Sometimes even a Blind Hog finds an Acorn

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast