Tarp
    DIY Xenon Sil,
    Insulation
    3s Yeti
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    Images

dphammockgear full-length Underquilt

The underquilt arrived in about 6 days, nicely boxed. Upon opening the box, I immediately weighed the underquilt and the included windshield reflector.
    Weights: Underquilt, including suspension, in the stuff sack = 16.2 ounces
    Windshield reflector = 1 1/4 ounce.
    (manufacturer weight for the UQ = 18 ounces; I am not sure if this includes the windshield reflector or not)
    Measurements: length = 78 inches; width = 48 inches
    Temperature rating = 45 degrees
    Price = $119
    Rating explanation: Did not give a 5 because I have not had the chance to use the quilt outdoors in cooler weather; so I can not testify to how true its temp rating is.
    Initial Impression: Well made. All seams were evenly sewn with no puckering or loose threads. The suspension is very simple: tab loops sewn to each end with an attached piece of shock cord, which can be lengthened or shortened for different hammocks and includes tiny S-hooks for hanging from the hammock suspension. The ends are pregathered to fit the hammock.
    Hanging: Instructions say to place the side with the seem towards the hammock and to fit loosely at first and tighten to your hammock, but not too tight. With this done, just hook the S-hooks to each end, or place the shock cord over the end bundle of the hammock.
    After hanging impression: plenty of length for most folks. The quilt is not as wide as most quilts, but is sufficient for its intended temperature rating. It is easy to adjust from side to side while lying in the hammock. The insulation is 100% polyester (cozy material); the shell is DWR Ripstop nylon and is a pleasant bright green.

I have not used this quilt down to its rating, as my intended purpose for this quilt is to insulate my indoor hammock and to use for warm weather car camping, but it has proven to be warm on the recent cool nights. I have 3 dogs and did not want to use my down quilts, since the dogs like to "swing" the hammock a bit and I do not want to clean up down.
    If you use your hammock indoors or for warmer weather, then this would be a reasonably priced, full-length underquilt. With careful planning, it might be a good quilt for damp, cooler weather also.

Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg8EfCiU2Hc

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    A factual correction is in order, in fairness to the maker. At 48 inches wide this UQ is as wide as most and wider than many.

So, if the maker fulfilled his promise, better just to list the spec if there is nothing about the design or execution that makes its width insufficient.

Hammock
    dp gear .com
    Tarp
    dp gear .com
    Insulation
    dp gear .com
    Suspension
    dp gear .com

dp Dave here ...

Country Roads ...

Thank you for your YouTube video. I appreciate your initial impression of your dp Under Quilt. I hope it gives you many pleasureable nights.

Would you mind if dp links your video to our website? Customer videos are usually enjoyed when they are deciding to become a dp Gear Crew member.

For your time and effort, with your next dp order of any product, I will send you free one of our dp Ultimate stoves. Just mention/remind me of this offer in the order comments when you order.

Thank you again CR.

dp Dave
    www.dphammockgear.com
    Last edited by d-p; 09-15-2011 at 05:29. Reason: Whew! I didn't realize a rating would be posted.
    dplightweightbackpackinggear.com

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Sil,
    Insulation
    3s Yeti
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    Images
    Yes, please link to the video. I am just starting to do some videos, so I have not developed a "style" yet, but I sure do hope it helps someone else out that might be wanting to "see" the quilt in action.
    I am really liking the quilt. I do not keep my house that warm, so the quilt should get a lot of indoor action this winter and I do plan to use it next summer for my warm weather hikes.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    DIY CF Asym
    Insulation
    Zpacks HGincubator
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by d-p View Post
    Country Roads ...

Thank you for your YouTube video. I appreciate your initial impression of your dp Under Quilt. I hope it gives you many pleasureable nights.

Would you mind if dp links your video to our website? Customer videos are usually enjoyed when they are deciding to become a dp Gear Crew member.

For your time and effort, with your next dp order of any product, I will send you free one of our dp Ultimate stoves. Just mention/remind me of this offer in the order comments when you order.

Thank you again CR.

dp Dave
    www.dphammockgear.com

I can't tell - is this company the same as http://www.hammockgear.com/?

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhacker View Post
    I can't tell - is this company the same as http://www.hammockgear.com/?
    Nope. This was a short-lived gear company that stopped doing business about a year ago.

Hammock
    NX-150
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Z-liner/DIY baffle
    Suspension
    Whoopie All-In-One
    I believe that this is the link: http://www.dplightweightbackpackinggear.com/

• + New Posts