Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator/Ozark
    Suspension
    ADJ webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hard2Kill View Post
    I will say they have incredible shipping times. Overnight International without additional charges is as good as it gets.

However, I received two Frontlines on Thursday of last week and tried them out in the back yard for three nights over the Holiday weekend. The Frontlines are comfortable and seem to be well constructed...except for one glaring problem. On both of mine (one for myself and one for my 14 y.o. son) the seams where the bottom nylon is sewn to the zippers is not folded or rolled. It is double stitched, but the edge is just flat and exposed. This creates a large amount of fuzz that constantly catches in the zippers. I emailed Nick this morning concerning this and he got back to me in a couple of hours. (that was good) His reply was that they basically screwed up on the new Frontlines in this area and that it would be addressed in the future. His "fix" was for me to trim the edge as close to the zippers as possible to reduce the fuss. (not so good).

Knowing how well I perform intricate tasks when I am doing work to make up for a manufacturing error, both of them will probably be used for scrap material before this is over.

Looks like the next set are going to be D.I.Y. At least then if it's screwed up, I have only myself to blame.
    My wife's came just like yours. As it is a first timers hammock and there is no real structural issue we are happy to just use it til it is no longer usable.
    Where ever you go,
    There you are.

Hammock
    Eno DN, DD Frontline
    Tarp
    Guide Gear
    Insulation
    DIY uq
    Suspension
    straps
    I understand, but at 95 bux for two nights usage, I could have stayed in a motel. The zipper stuck so badly on the third night (middle of the night "break") that I gave up and went back to the house. Not a disaster when you're 100 yards from the house but it would have been a different story on the trail.

It just seems to me that when a manufacturer admits there is a problem and only offers a half a$$ self fix for it, I would hardly call that good service. Maybe I'm just too picky, but I'm not impressed.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7 Dl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator/Ozark
    Suspension
    ADJ webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hard2Kill View Post
    I understand, but at 95 bux for two nights usage, I could have stayed in a motel. The zipper stuck so badly on the third night (middle of the night "break") that I gave up and went back to the house. Not a disaster when you're 100 yards from the house but it would have been a different story on the trail.

It just seems to me that when a manufacturer admits there is a problem and only offers a half a$$ self fix for it, I would hardly call that good service. Maybe I'm just too picky, but I'm not impressed.
    Oh I agree with you on that. Hers however has not had any zipper issues. The only issue we have with zippers is on one side they sewed the Velcro a bit high and the zipper will hang on it a bit. If the product had the same issues you are having I would be the same. Got two weeks of in and outs and many zipper uses with nothing yet. However the first time it does I will join you in your train of thought.
    Where ever you go,
    There you are.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12