Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The universe balances itself out

My evening commute, usually a 1 hour train ride, was prolonged last night to 3 hours due to an incident at a highway overpass that brought all traffic in the area to a halt. The last hour was spent on a standing-room only bus ride because the transportation authority rerouted the train passengers.

But when I got home, my wife greeted me with a cheeseburger and a beer; and my Hammock Gear Phoenix UQ was waiting for me in the mailbox, just in time for a trip I have coming up this weekend.

Sometimes the universe just balances itself out, which is nice.

Hope y'all are havin' fun, too!

SoCal Mike

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    I agree as long as you have the proper attitude towards life. Have a fun trip!
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    Where are you hanging at mike? Me and my brother are going up to the big bear area tomorrow and Saturday night. I'm in the process of converting him over to a hanger as well.

Sorry to hear about the occurances early in your day but I'm glad everything balanced out for you in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Hangtillidie View Post
    Where are you hanging at mike? Me and my brother are going up to the big bear area tomorrow and Saturday night. I'm in the process of converting him over to a hanger as well.

Sorry to hear about the occurances early in your day but I'm glad everything balanced out for you in the end.
    Thanks! I'm headed up to Mt. San Jacinto. I've never been to the peak there. It'll be a quick trip. Up on Saturday, hang overnight, and back home Sunday. But I'll take what I can get. We should get together sometime and maybe anothe So Cal group hang before the cold stuff really gets here.

SoCal Mike

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    DD Tarp 3x3
    Insulation
    GarQuilt/Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Sounds like good karma is being returned to you.

Have a great trip!

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Sounds like good karma is being returned to you.

Have a great trip!
    Thanks. If I get my act together I'll put together a trip report for everybody--let 'em know how it was and how my new gear works out (first trip with my TTTG SB and HG UQ).

SoCal Mike

Images
    Devil's Slide Trail heading up San Jacinto was my son's first backpack trip....1995. Still have clear and fond memories from that trip!

Hope it's a good weekend and you get fully recharged!!

Hold the train a minute here, your wife greeted you with a cheeseburger and a beer!??!?! You've got a winner there! Sounds like she deserves some comfy hammock time.

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Mike View Post
    Thanks! I'm headed up to Mt. San Jacinto. I've never been to the peak there. It'll be a quick trip. Up on Saturday, hang overnight, and back home Sunday. But I'll take what I can get. We should get together sometime and maybe anothe So Cal group hang before the cold stuff really gets here.

SoCal Mike
    I agree... Set it up and I'm in as long as its before thanksgiving. Family is coming out then. I should have my brother converted by then anyway. It's gonna be a little chili this weekend at 10000 ft. Good luck, enjoy and I'll look out for the socal hang in that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Hangtillidie View Post
    I agree... Set it up and I'm in as long as its before thanksgiving. Family is coming out then. I should have my brother converted by then anyway. It's gonna be a little chili this weekend at 10000 ft. Good luck, enjoy and I'll look out for the socal hang in that thread.
    Cool. I'll see what I can do. Have fun in Big Bear!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast