Tarp
    SuperFly/snakeskin
    Insulation
    exped 9 dlx, sb UQ
    Suspension
    warbonnet straps
    Images

Frog Sac inside another bag?

I got a Frog Sac (speer) and was wondering if it's enough for a trip from south padre island texas to NJ in late april on a motorcycle trip?

I do have a el'cheapo walmart thermorest, and I've tried out a military wool blanket hanging on a low ridge line, but I just don't have the colder temps to really test this out. The blanket weighs about 3 lbs, but that's ok as I'm on a motorcycle. I've tried it two different ways, last night I just had my eno bug net setup and I just threw the blanket on top, using some office paper holders to hold the blanket to the ridge line. On an earlier attempt, without the bugnet but still using a low ridge line, I encircled the hammock with the wool blanket with the two ends of the blanket clipped onto the ridge line and it made a poor man's peapod. I also threw over the top a poncho for added extra measure. Yeah it was toasty, but then again, I didn't really have the cold temps to test it with.

To what temp will a Frog Sac be good to with a pad? 60-ish degrees I've done easily (of course). Would using the frog sac inside another bag be a good idea? I could use it one of several ways .... a bag in a bag, or like I did with the wool blanket, use it as a top quilt over a low ridge line. I'm looking at the big agnes pad/bags, but don't think that's quite in the budget. but a new bag would be lighter ...... anyone have an idea or suggestion?

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    I don't know the Frog Sac's temp rating, but I think you would have no problem using it inside another bag. You may check out Pan's article on combined bag temp ratings. It may help give you an idea of what to expect.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

big agnes bag $89, but it won't last long
    http://www.steepandcheap.com

Hammock
    DL 1.7 Blackbird
    Tarp
    SuperFly/snakeskin
    Insulation
    exped 9 dlx, sb UQ
    Suspension
    warbonnet straps
    Images
    thanks jaiden, that made it easy to choose from the vast array of combinations of BA bags , got one ordered, and now for pads ..... but I can just use what I got until another great deal comes up! The wool blanket is now history .......

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by spidennis View Post
    I got a Frog Sac (speer) and was wondering if it's enough for a trip from south padre island texas to NJ in late april on a motorcycle trip?

I do have a el'cheapo walmart thermorest, and I've tried out a military wool blanket hanging on a low ridge line, but I just don't have the colder temps to really test this out. The blanket weighs about 3 lbs, but that's ok as I'm on a motorcycle. I've tried it two different ways, last night I just had my eno bug net setup and I just threw the blanket on top, using some office paper holders to hold the blanket to the ridge line. On an earlier attempt, without the bugnet but still using a low ridge line, I encircled the hammock with the wool blanket with the two ends of the blanket clipped onto the ridge line and it made a poor man's peapod. I also threw over the top a poncho for added extra measure. Yeah it was toasty, but then again, I didn't really have the :cold temps to test it with.

To what temp will a Frog Sac be good to with a pad? 60-ish degrees I've done easily (of course). Would using the frog sac inside another bag be a good idea? I could use it one of several ways .... a bag in a bag, or like I did with the wool blanket, use it as a top quilt over a low ridge line. I'm looking at the big agnes pad/bags, but don't think that's quite in the budget. but a new bag would be lighter ...... anyone have an idea or suggestion?
    i had a frog sack several years ago,i tried to use it one time,it was to small for my chest.shoulders and arms,the bag is made for someone built like a bean pole. neo
    the matrix has you

• + New Posts