I've pretty much solved my bottom warmth probs with my underquilt and pads but have been getting a bit cold on top with temps in the mid twenties to low thirties. I attribute that to my twenty year old Cat's Meow which has been constantly stored in it's original stuff sack. I've been considering the Mountain Hardwear Laminas which come in a twenty and zero degree rating. Most of the salesmen are saying the twenty degree bag will be plenty warm within that temp range but I believe they are coming from the perspective of a tenter. I use a Claytor hammock which as you all know is open on top with the exception of the bug net. I'm thinking I should have a warmer rated bag to protect my top because I'm much more exposed to the air with no way of keeping in the heat. I'm also a fairly cold sleeper. The zero degree bag is about a lb heavier than the twenty. I'm leaning toward the zero degree bag and will use my old bag in the summer. I really don't plan on hammocking below the twenties.

Am I thinking correctly on this? Do we need a warmer bag because of our exposure? Which would you choose?

Miguel