ARGH! Not enough trees!!! :(

So I finally received everything (Claytor JH, JrB 11x10 tarp, stakes, webbing,etc) so I got it all together and headed out to my backyard. Time to try everything out. Only problem: 2 trees, but about 45' apart. I knew I'd have to rig up something. I tried. Rigged up a support from wood and a steel pipe I had and used that for one side of the hammock. My butt hit the ground quicker than a politician changes his story. Rerigged it. Same thing. Man, I'm ticked and saddened because I really wanted to hang tonight ......maiden voyage and all that. None of my friends or family have trees close enough on their property so I guess the park will have to do this weekend. Don'tcha just hate when this happens?! Well, anyways.
    --
    Splat

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Have you possibly considered a hammock stand? There are a couple of plans out there, but Risk's seems to be cheapest and simplest. If you've got a few bucks, a couple tools and a little time on your hands, it shouldn't be too terribly difficult. Either way, best 'o luck to ya!

I'm considering one now, Hooch! I'll have one whipped up Saturday, hopefully. Methinks I'll weld up a few steel pipes though instead of wood since I have access to a welder. We'll see what happens. I can't wait to get this hammock thing a'rollin'!

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    Still looking
    Insulation
    KAQ, Speer
    Zak bought one from Acaademy Sports that is great for backyard use - and it's only $30. Can;t pack and carry, but like I said, great for yard (or even living room where ours is right now! )

It's called a timber creek hammock stand.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Splat View Post
    I'm considering one now, Hooch! I'll have one whipped up Saturday, hopefully. Methinks I'll weld up a few steel pipes though instead of wood since I have access to a welder. We'll see what happens. I can't wait to get this hammock thing a'rollin'!
    Here's one that Ed Speer has on one of his websites for single use. It's made out of pipes and is extremely sturdy. You can also make a double stand. No welding required. Just need a couple of pipe wrenches. SGT Rock and HC4U have also made very nice hammock stands as well. If you want to look at them, just do a quick search and they shouldn't be hard to find at all. Either way you go, best of luck and don't forget the pictures!
    Last edited by Hooch; 04-16-2008 at 17:51.

Hooch coming thru again! Thanks brother! I didn't think about screwing the pipes together but that'll be a lot easier for me. I'm gonna make the Speer single design. Wish I was off work tomorrow. LOL! Thanks again.
    --
    Splat

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Splat View Post
    Hooch coming thru again! Thanks brother! I didn't think about screwing the pipes together but that'll be a lot easier for me. I'm gonna make the Speer single design. Wish I was off work tomorrow. LOL! Thanks again.
    --
    Splat
    I'm glad to be of service. I've seen the double version of that stand when Ed and Karen use it at Hot Springs. They seem to be happy with it. Don't forget the pictures when you're done with it.

• + New Posts