Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    All of the above suggestions are good. Plus:

BOTH in separate skins. That is what I did for a couple of years, and there was really no problem with it, except the very small amount of extra weight of extra skins compared to a hammock stuff sack.

I would skin my tarp in one set of skins and hang it 1st if it was raining, or leave it hanging in the skins if good weather.

In the other skins, I would put my HH and HHSS after removing the pad, which went in a dry sack with other stuff.

This all made for a very fast set up and break down. Maybe not the absolute fastest, but plenty fast. And it left me the option of leaving the hammock in the skins if I needed more room under the tarp.

This worked about as good overall as anything else I do. Another way I like to go is tarp in skins, and hammock and entire HHSS including HH pad/space blanket ( or a PeaPod or UQ) and maybe even the top quilt still inside the hammock all stuffed down into their own large stuff dry sack or into my pack. Mostly these days this is what I do. On my most recent trip, I did this with a Claytor No Net hammock, PeaPod and Golight UQ plus a down vest all in one large compression (Event bottom)dry sack. Worked pretty good!

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    My vote would be skins on the tarp. Preferably, skins made from netting. There are many advantages. The tarp is easier to put up in a strong wind. You can leave the tarp rolled up in the skins and enjoy the night sky, while being able to deploy at the first drop of rain. Then store the tarp in the skins on the outside of you pack.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    Hennessy Hyperlite Asym Zip
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    Full-length UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    My vote would be skins on the tarp. Preferably, skins made from netting. There are many advantages. The tarp is easier to put up in a strong wind. You can leave the tarp rolled up in the skins and enjoy the night sky, while being able to deploy at the first drop of rain. Then store the tarp in the skins on the outside of you pack.
    I like the idea of a netting skin for the tarp that can be stored on the outside of my pack to dry.

Thanks again, everyone for the advice and recommendations. My gear is scheduled to arrive tomorrow and I'm looking forward to trying things out.

OS

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12