WarbonnetBlackbird
    Tarp
    Olive Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubat Dempsey TQ
    Suspension
    Stock Webbing
    I may have to try one of these.

I've got two Blackbirds, several of the different types of "double" no-bugnet hammocks, a new Switchback, and I even have a one off GrizzBridge.

I like the Blackbirds, they are so very well designed, but when I don't get the hang bang on I deal with uncomfortable knee hyper-extension (I'm a side sleeper, so it's sideways knee extension that a pillow can't fix), I'm trying out the Switchback because I heard side sleepers tend to prefer it over the Blackbird, but I seem to have even worse sideways bend on my knees no matter how I set it up...I like my GrizzBridge, but it squeezes my shoulders. Maybe I need to give the BMBH a try (after I give the GrizzBridge another go).

One things for sure, I'll probably never go to ground again. I just need to figure out which hammock is easy enough for me to setup in the dark, under bad weather, and still setup where I don't feel like my knees are in a torture device.
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7DL Green
    Switchback (w/Netting) 1.9DL Green
    Grizzbridge (aka The Loaner)
    Grand Trunk - Deep Blue
    Trek Light in Olive

Backwoods Daydreamer Winter Tarp - Red
    DIY "Deluxe" in Olive
    Warbonnet Superfly in Olive

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Pinnacle, I don't share your enthusiasm for the bridge (yet?), but I applaud the way you present your ideas and recount your experience. This thread is typical of the best of hammockforums.

Hammock
    Grizz Bridge
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Pinnacle& Greylock
    Suspension
    Whoops
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonely Raven View Post
    One things for sure, I'll probably never go to ground again.
    Now there is one thing we can all agree on!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DGrav View Post
    Before switching the the bridge I had a HH Explorer UL with Mac Cat Deluxe, when I did the math the JRB BMB combo was a hair lighter. For comfort the bridge design blows away my old rig, no more clad pressure or the wall of fabric on one side blocking half the view. Plus it's way more convienent to sit up and read.

I can't wait until next week when I get to spend a week hanging!
    DGrav, if mem serves, you were one of the early and few full on converts to the JRB Bridge- you never looked back. I got one of the very 1st JRBs, and "panicked" over the feel in the shoulders, and was quick to send it back early while I could get a full refund. But I regretted that, and it wasn't long before I got another one, vowing to give it more time. It has been 2 or 3 years now, and I still have it and it is always the main contender for winning the coveted "my overall favorite hammock" award. I have not completely given up on my non-bridge hammocks yet, they have their strong points. And then sometimes I just feel the need for a PeaPod or HHSS. Still, that JRB just might be the one if I was forced to choose. Particularly when using in combo with a JRB MW UQ. And if using a pad, there is no contest, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely Raven View Post
    I may have to try one of these.

I've got two Blackbirds, several of the different types of "double" no-bugnet hammocks, a new Switchback, and I even have a one off GrizzBridge. ...I like my GrizzBridge, but it squeezes my shoulders. Maybe I need to give the BMBH a try (after I give the GrizzBridge another go)..
    How broad shouldered are you? The main thing I liked in the GrizzBridge I have tried is more shoulder room compared to the JRB. The downside being the wider spreader bars being causing even more potential tarp problems than with the JRB. I have plenty of shoulder room with the GrizzBridge. I agree, try it again!

Hammock
    JRB James River Bridge
    Tarp
    JRB 11 X 10
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts
    Suspension
    Webbing, TG, DC
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    DGrav, if mem serves, you were one of the early and few full on converts to the JRB Bridge- you never looked back.
    You are correct, I was sold when I laid in it at the first MAHHA back in 2007. They following spring I ordered one and that's been it ever since.

I'm so used to the bridge that when I recently set up my HH for a friend to check out, I climbed in and was surprised by the amount of torque across the length of my body. I never noticed this all the years I used it (it was overshadowed by the annoying line of pressure across the back of my legs)
    Jacks R Better, makers of the of the Original Under Quilt and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock.
    www.jacksrbetter.com
    Facebook: JacksRBetterQuilts
    Intstagram: Jacks_R_Better_Quilts

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12