GTUL
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Jarbidge/Cosmic 20
    Suspension
    Whoopies and Webs

Gt Ul - $20

Hey guys, I was looking for a lighter weight hammock than my hammock bliss mosquito free 24oz brick and I found the GT Ultralight priced at $20 on Campmor.com

They're polyester and not nylon, how does that affect the strength, quality, stretchyness, etc. of the hammock? Is it worth the $20? At 10oz it'd be almost a whole pound off my setup.

EDIT: After browsing this forum it seems like $20 is about an average price for this hammock, and there's plenty of info about it in the forums already. Sorry for the redundant post!
    Last edited by joehasbeard; 10-28-2011 at 05:57. Reason: Didn't do my research first!
    Only the dreamer venoms all his days,
    Bearing more woe than all his sins deserve.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Lynx
    Suspension
    Dutch/Dynaglide
    I know mine causes static.

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    I got one for my son....he loved it... until he laid in a double wide. It is very durable though. Watch your size, IMO I'm entirely too tall and wide, so it was not feasible for myself and I didn't like it at all, but many here love it.

On amazon the blue UL is $15, green UL $12 and if you spend $25 on products fulfilled by amazon it's free shipping..
    The UL are well worth the money and are great for relaxing but I really can't sleep overnite in one, but I am used to larger hammocks.. A lot of people have no problem sleeping in them...

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Bought 2 for the Granddaughters and had to try one out. Held the weight @ 220# but was too short for me @ 6'. Good item especially at the Amazon price.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    Traveler 1.1 sl/WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/Standard
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Dynaglide whoopies
    Images
    I've had one set up in my backyard for about a year now, just for lounging. There is very little signs of wear, been through tons of storms, snow, heat, sun, rain, etc. Still going strong. I always had trouble staying comfortable in it for longer than 30minutes or so, but lately I'm finding it to be not so bad. Think ill give it a go on an all nighter sometime.

Hammock
    GT UL/HH
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    Hideout UQ
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    Weird, I'm 6'1" and I haven't had a problem in my UL yet.. Time to bust out the Hybrid Hammock which is much bigger and see how I like that.. But no issues for me with my ultralight..

Hammock
    GTUL
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Jarbidge/Cosmic 20
    Suspension
    Whoopies and Webs
    UPDATE: I just bought one at an army surplus store (they sell camping equipment too) and gave it a test hang. No issues really except for the S-hooks. Looks like its time to make some new whoopies and a SRL. Thanks for the input guys. I'm gonna give it a try overnight tonight before I take it out with me but so far so good. It's way lighter than the hammock bliss w/ mosquito netting.

EDIT: I just have to make sure I don't gain 20-30lbs any time soon.
    Only the dreamer venoms all his days,
    Bearing more woe than all his sins deserve.

• + New Posts