Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Haven't had the opportunity to take my dog hammock camping. The GSNP trails don't allow dogs for backcountry hangs. And this time of year, I'm waiting for all the parents to give up those prime river-side campground sites when they take their kids back to school. I still have another month or so for the weather to send the RV's migrating south. (And no, it is not about getting rid of the kids... it's about the nice campsites). I had an awesome family of 5 (3 rowdy sons, a dad, and one brave mom) set up camp next to me a few weeks ago. The kids loved taking my dog for a swim.

Anyway, I was also concerned about the bugs. I was told Advantix helps keep the mosquitos away too. Does anyone know if that's true? I have a pointer mix and he is not a fan of the hammock, but is a velcro dog that will gladly stay by my side.

Hammock
    WBRR DL
    Tarp
    BMJ
    Insulation
    HG UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Comet_Seeker View Post

**** Comet Seeker, I had to do a double there because I thought you had my dog.

Here is Rocket on a recent hike.

--louis

Hammock
    INSULHAMMOCK
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    INSULHAMMOCK
    Suspension
    I was expelled
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by crackrbilly View Post
    For Miss Dixie, I bring an old sleeping bag that the zipper is broke on and a tennessee vols(of course) top blanket. I dont tie her but she minds well, I feel shes at a disadvantage being tied, but i do put a bear bell on her if she moves i hear her or if shes in the woods at nite i can find her.(have never had to do this, its just in case) as far as things that go bump in the night, with a 100lb Amer-I-can Bulldog i dont worrie bout much. she just lays under the hammock so's to be under the tarp, she loves it
    Ive had her since 9 days old, bottle feed her. shes a trooper she loves her daddy.
    Ignorance is simply not knowing, Stupidity is knowing and not doing. "Stupidity should be painful"

"Have you ever stood and stared at it, marveled at its beauty, its genius? Billions of people just living out their lives oblivious" Agent Smith, The Matrix

Please leave suggestions and comments on our H.O.C.
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=57721

Come check out our Creation
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uw7-XGKnDU

Insulhammock
    http://camping-hammock.us/

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends

Dogs, hammocks

[QUOTE=2Tall;644806]Heard but havent yet tried a set of "socks" like for the ruff wear boots an help if you can keep them from trying to chew them

My little girl has a pair of the Ruff Wear Booties. There is a trick to getting them to stay on, really two tricks. Put them on tighter than you think necessary. Second, put them on and GO, do not fool around take a walk at a brisk pace, ignore all fancy foot work. Amazingly, the dog will like them once they get the idea, of better footing, and protection. I found my dog really likes to wear hers on hot days, when the pavement burns her paws, she also likes to run the trails in them, they give her better footing. I only like the vibrum soles, Ruff Wear seems to make the best booties. You can purchase Ruff Wear socks to wear with the booties, or to protect your floors. I think infant socks would work the same way. You can also use these booties to keep you dog from chewing its toes.

My 30 pound dog sleeps in my hammock the big girls does not, she is only good for a nap, she does have her own HH. She does not like it.

I do not let our dogs run loose, because I know what can happen, there are lots of injuries that happen to dogs, lots of idiots with guns, snakes, things that bite, let alone skunks and racoons. A coon can rip your dog open in a heart beat. Plus my dogs will eat the darnest things.

Micro chips are the way to go for ID, tatoos are only good for local situations.
    Sometimes dogs end up a long way from where they were lost.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by louisfb View Post
    **** Comet Seeker, I had to do a double there because I thought you had my dog.

Here is Rocket on a recent hike.

--louis
    Wow! That really does make you do a double take. They truly are velcro dogs, makes them great for camping

Hammock
    Tree2Tree Switchback..Pink Panther
    Tarp
    AHE Toxiway Lylac!
    Insulation
    Golite top/BF UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Dutch Clip
    My husband goes with our Dog Bennie all the time. Bennie is extremely frightened once the sun goes down. He sicks very close to one of us. He has his own quilt he uses and we set him up near our hammock set up. He has a pad we place down for him once he is all "tucked in" he will not go anywhere without one of us with him he sleeps all night. I know he has had to be leashed a few times if there is another dog in the area but 99% of the time he is not and stays right where he should be.

Bennie is being relegated to car hangs after 8 years of being BF's companion. What a sad day it will be when is left here with MaMa.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    LIVE.. LOVE.. LAUGH... AND DRIVE BF CRAZY!!

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by tweety View Post
    My husband goes with our Dog Bennie all the time. Bennie is extremely frightened once the sun goes down. He sicks very close to one of us. He has his own quilt he uses and we set him up near our hammock set up. He has a pad we place down for him once he is all "tucked in" he will not go anywhere without one of us with him he sleeps all night. I know he has had to be leashed a few times if there is another dog in the area but 99% of the time he is not and stays right where he should be.

Bennie is being relegated to car hangs after 8 years of being BF's companion. What a sad day it will be when is left here with MaMa.

Haha That is really cute.

Fronkey

Hammock
    Thunderbird
    Tarp
    UCQ Hanger
    Insulation
    Renegade/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Based on tweety's pic, the obvious name for a dog warming wrap, "The Bun."
    ‟I’m in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection. But with Montana it is love.″ – John Steinbeck

Hammock
    ENO Double deluxe
    Tarp
    DIY Cat-cut Hex
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Comet_Seeker View Post
    Anyway, I was also concerned about the bugs. I was told Advantix helps keep the mosquitos away too. Does anyone know if that's true?
    I swear by it with my dogs. Never had a flea, tick or mosquito problem since we started using Advantix a few years ago.

Hammock
    Dangerbird, (custom) thanks Papa
    Tarp
    10x10 DIY
    Insulation
    DIY insultex.
    Suspension
    Woopie, UCR
    I leave mine with the neighbor.

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast