Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Tdi_tech I found a great alternative to the ruffwear fleece vest. You will have to be a gear maker though. I think this may be my next piece of gear.

Which pack do you have?

Hammock
    INSULHAMMOCK
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    INSULHAMMOCK
    Suspension
    I was expelled
    Images
    For Miss Dixie, I bring an old sleeping bag that the zipper is broke on and a tennessee vols(of course) top blanket. I dont tie her but she minds well, I feel shes at a disadvantage being tied, but i do put a bear bell on her if she moves i hear her or if shes in the woods at nite i can find her.(have never had to do this, its just in case) as far as things that go bump in the night, with a 100lb Amer-I-can Bulldog i dont worrie bout much. she just lays under the hammock so's to be under the tarp, she loves it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ignorance is simply not knowing, Stupidity is knowing and not doing. "Stupidity should be painful"

"Have you ever stood and stared at it, marveled at its beauty, its genius? Billions of people just living out their lives oblivious" Agent Smith, The Matrix

Please leave suggestions and comments on our H.O.C.
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=57721

Come check out our Creation
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uw7-XGKnDU

Insulhammock
    http://camping-hammock.us/

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 20* UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by warloc4326 View Post
    Tdi_tech I found a great alternative to the ruffwear fleece vest. You will have to be a gear maker though. I think this may be my next piece of gear.

Which pack do you have?
    Cool. I've wondered that fleece vest is warm enough. Hard to tell - he can't talk! His pack is a Ruffwear Palisades, which is great. He doesn't care about wearing it - in fact, he gets *very* excited when I pull it out of the gear box. He knows what we're going to do when I load it up My pack for now is a ULA Circuit.
    Brantley
    Ride-A-Bike Bicycle Shop, Lincolnton, NC

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dl
    Tarp
    WB Edge or SF
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, DIY TQ
    Suspension
    WB web or whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by crackrbilly View Post
    For Miss Dixie, I bring an old sleeping bag that the zipper is broke on and a tennessee vols(of course) top blanket. I dont tie her but she minds well, I feel shes at a disadvantage being tied, but i do put a bear bell on her if she moves i hear her or if shes in the woods at nite i can find her.(have never had to do this, its just in case) as far as things that go bump in the night, with a 100lb Amer-I-can Bulldog i dont worrie bout much. she just lays under the hammock so's to be under the tarp, she loves it
    For some reason, the look on the dog's face in that first picture, coupled with the name Miss Dixie cracks me up.

Hammock
    WBRR DL
    Tarp
    BMJ
    Insulation
    HG UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Images
    How did you guys go about getting your dog used to camping with a hammock? I have been trying to figure out how to introduce my 8 month old puppy to camping and specifically with a hammock.

Thanks,

--louis

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by louisfb View Post
    How did you guys go about getting your dog used to camping with a hammock? I have been trying to figure out how to introduce my 8 month old puppy to camping and specifically with a hammock.

Thanks,

--louis
    Practice practice practice. Just like with anything else you do with a dog. I started Kiba when she was younger than 8 months.

Fronkey

Hammock
    Thunderbird
    Tarp
    UCQ Hanger
    Insulation
    Renegade/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by tdi_tech View Post
    My pure bred black lab stays off leash nearly all the time while backpacking. He stays so close to me my heels that I often hit his Ruffwear pack while walking! At night, he usually digs a hole under the hammock and sleeps there. In the last 15 trips, he's never left my sight, and always returns when I call. If I hide behind a tree, he gets worried and smells out my hiding location I have a Ruffwear coat that I put on him at nights when its cold. This coming fall/winter I plan on getting him some shoes to help keep him warm. He is an awesome companion while backpacking!

Awesome dog! Labs are awesome companions - so smart and intuitive.

I love all dogs but I'm definitely a "Lab guy." Currently we have a British yellow named Kenai and my parents have her litter mate, Lacey. They can be trouble together!

Kenai has slept next to my hammock on the ground both in a kennel and out. Space cleared out like in Fronkey's video. We have been on our property so I haven't worried about her wandering off but I doubt she ever would. She'd be leashed in areas she might wander.

I do wonder about getting her a hammock of her own to hang near me.
    ‟I’m in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection. But with Montana it is love.″ – John Steinbeck

Hammock
    Thunderbird
    Tarp
    UCQ Hanger
    Insulation
    Renegade/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    Practice practice practice. Just like with anything else you do with a dog. I started Kiba when she was younger than 8 months.

Fronkey
    Your video is a great guide for those just getting going.
    ‟I’m in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection. But with Montana it is love.″ – John Steinbeck

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB yeti, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by tdi_tech View Post
    My pure bred black lab stays off leash nearly all the time while backpacking. He stays so close to me my heels that I often hit his Ruffwear pack while walking! At night, he usually digs a hole under the hammock and sleeps there. In the last 15 trips, he's never left my sight, and always returns when I call. If I hide behind a tree, he gets worried and smells out my hiding location I have a Ruffwear coat that I put on him at nights when its cold. This coming fall/winter I plan on getting him some shoes to help keep him warm. He is an awesome companion while backpacking!

That is a very handsome lab!

I grew up with one that had some border collie in him (a grandparent I think). They are great dogs, up for anything. But surely their undercoat protects them from virtually all elements, and there is no need for a coat? I remember him as having a layer of hair a few cms thick in winter.. coaming it out in spring took weeks, just never seemed to stop! He'd run into icy waters and then roll in the snow wihtout hesitation.

Hammock
    clarke Nx 250/ woodsman x ?
    Tarp
    ML Cuban Fiber
    Insulation
    ukhammocks modular
    Suspension
    Whoopie dutch kit
    I use a complete waterproof thermal winter suit [complete for my dog in the winter with a roll bed inside space age insulation , he carries all his own kit and food in his back pack he sleeps to the side of me on the floor warm as toast. Summer same bed but with a fleece jkt just for the night, he is a big 40 kg Drathaar .......
    "THE FINAL STEPS WHICH WE MAKE IN LIFE ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT MOVE SLOWLY"... r. s. g . 1966

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast