Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    LeighLo quilts
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by begleysm View Post
    I let mine "dry" for about 6 hours and the silicon was "dry" as a bone. Not sure why it was so sticky when I received it. Maybe it didn't have time to set. Maybe it was a hot UPS Truck.

Anyhow, I'm getting ready to set it up. My 1st go for suspension is going to be a 550 Cord Continuous Ridgeline with a #0 S-Biner on a Bowline at 1 end and a #0 S-Biner on a Prusik at the other end. The tarp will be attached with a couple Prusiks & more #0 S-Biners.

The guy out lines & Prusiks will be made from some Red 3mm Utility Cord made by BlueWater.

Any thoughts?

Sean
    I use a similar setup, but I use Kelty triptease cord with a knotbone one end and a figure 9 on the other. It works pretty well and 50 ft of cord set me back about $15
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here"~Jack Nicholson/As Good As It Gets

Hammock
    Hennessy UL Explorer (2QZQ Mod #4)
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Baby Orca & NoSniv
    Suspension
    Whoopie & biner
    Images
    # 0 s biners? Strong enough? No criticism, just wondering since I am looking for some new binder/hooks too for tarp setup.

I used to use 550 paracord with some clips I got from a boating application (prussiks to adjust the tarp). I changed the cord and the hooks are too big...(heavy).

S biners and Figure 9's are relatively easy to get around here (Holland - The Netherlands [Europe]).

Dutch ware (the Hammock Dutch!) is on the shopping list too, but for now that would only make Customs happy with import taxes

Grtz Johan
    My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence.

mob: +31 6 44 80 82 63

http://www.dutchunlimited.com
    http://dutchunlimited.com/english/

My YouTube

Hammock
    Hennessy Deep Jungle
    Tarp
    OES MacCat'D Cuben
    Insulation
    Usually nothing
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    dust lightly with talc powder and the silicone won't stick anymore

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Zeppelin, MobilMum
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by born2roam View Post
    # 0 s biners? Strong enough? No criticism, just wondering since I am looking for some new binder/hooks too for tarp setup.

I used to use 550 paracord with some clips I got from a boating application (prussiks to adjust the tarp). I changed the cord and the hooks are too big...(heavy).

S biners and Figure 9's are relatively easy to get around here (Holland - The Netherlands [Europe]).

Dutch ware (the Hammock Dutch!) is on the shopping list too, but for now that would only make Customs happy with import taxes

Grtz Johan
    Honestly... I don't know yet. I think they will be (for the tarp). I'm absolutely NOT using them for my hammock, just for the tarp. It is not under too much stress.

Sean

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by begleysm View Post
    Honestly... I don't know yet. I think they will be (for the tarp). I'm absolutely NOT using them for my hammock, just for the tarp. It is not under too much stress.

Sean
    They should be good enough under any conditions up to about gale-force winds. Plus, you want the hardware to be the failure point in any sort of high-stress environment, as it's the easiest to replace. All it takes to replace the 'biner is a knot. To replace anything else requires line (or, if you're really unlucky, sewing skills and a good patch with some seam sealant).

My set-up is designed with the following for "firebreaks": 'biner-->shock cord tensioners-->tie-outs-->ridgeline. That way, the easiest things to replace in the field break before the harder things, with the tarp being the last thing to go. If I get all the way to the tarp ripping, well, I've got bigger worries than just the tarp!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12