Tarp
    HG Cuben,Warbonnet
    Insulation
    CaveCreek, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie!!!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojoe View Post
    I've boiled or filtered water from the stream the last two times I've camped there.
    We filtered water out of there a couple of weeks ago and are still alive to tell the tale.

HY
    “Somebody told me it was frightening how much topsoil we are losing each year, but I told that story around the campfire and nobody got scared” - Jack Handy

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben,Warbonnet
    Insulation
    CaveCreek, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie!!!
    Images
    If we decided to camp at any of the dry campsites, it would be easy to cache some gallon jugs of water not too far from the camp area's and pick them up as we hike by.

Randy
    “Somebody told me it was frightening how much topsoil we are losing each year, but I told that story around the campfire and nobody got scared” - Jack Handy

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dl HB noseeum modified
    Tarp
    WB BMJ, HH hex
    Insulation
    winter incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing
    I'm sure some people will park at the Brown's Hollow access, about a 1/2 mile from the campsite. We can cache water there. I have filtered from the stream as well.

Hammock
    Darien UL, Ridgerunner, DIY
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ,TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    [QUOTE=Doody;571417]I'm sure some people will park at the Brown's Hollow access, about a 1/2 mile from the campsite. We can cache water there. I have filtered from the stream as well.[/QUOTE

Doody,
    Has it been decided are we going to hang at Brown's Hollow campsite? are we going to meet anywhere Friday or Saturday to walk in? or just meet at the campsite- Thanks
    "nature speaks in the silence between words"
    www.mustexplore.blogspot.com

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben,Warbonnet
    Insulation
    CaveCreek, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie!!!
    Images
    [QUOTE=Skygzr;574048]
    Quote Originally Posted by Doody View Post
    I'm sure some people will park at the Brown's Hollow access, about a 1/2 mile from the campsite. We can cache water there. I have filtered from the stream as well.[/QUOTE

Doody,
    Has it been decided are we going to hang at Brown's Hollow campsite? are we going to meet anywhere Friday or Saturday to walk in? or just meet at the campsite- Thanks
    I think we need to determine whether everyone wants to hang in one place and hang out for the weekend or whether we want to hike and hang each day.

I'd like to do a backpack trip where we hang one night and do a good 5-10 mile hike on Saturday to the next spot.

Everyone pitch in with your preferences.

There are a lot of different options available at YRSF.

Randy

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dl HB noseeum modified
    Tarp
    WB BMJ, HH hex
    Insulation
    winter incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Its under 3 weeks til the Iowa hang so I'd like to hear form people who are coming about what kind of miles they would like to hike, if any. I got an email from hanging yankee with some good suggestions. I think we should plan on Browns hollow to be our base camp but for those interested in backpacking, we could utilize another campsite friday, then hike to browns hollow Saturday, utilizing more of the park, hitting the overlooks, etc. For those who would like to hike light, with a day pack, they can set set up at Browns Hollow, shuttle up to where the back packers camped friday night, and day hike back to browns hollow with the group. We should have enough vehicles to get everyone where they need to go. For the folks who want to primarily camp/bush craft/mountain bike can make browns hollow home for the weekend.

Personally, I plan on heading over Friday morning. I've been to YRSF several times over the last couple summers but I'm sure there are folks here who have far more experience than I. Lets here it, folks. What do you want to do?

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben,Warbonnet
    Insulation
    CaveCreek, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie!!!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Doody View Post
    Its under 3 weeks til the Iowa hang so I'd like to hear form people who are coming about what kind of miles they would like to hike, if any. I got an email from hanging yankee with some good suggestions. I think we should plan on Browns hollow to be our base camp but for those interested in backpacking, we could utilize another campsite friday, then hike to browns hollow Saturday, utilizing more of the park, hitting the overlooks, etc. For those who would like to hike light, with a day pack, they can set set up at Browns Hollow, shuttle up to where the back packers camped friday night, and day hike back to browns hollow with the group. We should have enough vehicles to get everyone where they need to go. For the folks who want to primarily camp/bush craft/mountain bike can make browns hollow home for the weekend.

Personally, I plan on heading over Friday morning. I've been to YRSF several times over the last couple summers but I'm sure there are folks here who have far more experience than I. Lets here it, folks. What do you want to do?
    Personally, I'd like to backpack but am definitely open to working within what the group would like to do.

We could stay at Brown's both nights and day hike all over the park.

If we choose the backpack option, there are many options to stay at either John Schultz or Heffern's Hill, backpack 5-10 miles and end up at Brown's Hollow for Saturday night.

Those are my thoughts, I'm not sure whether I will have Friday off or whether I will be coming up Friday after work.

Looking forward to this.

HY

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangin'Yankee View Post
    Personally, I'd like to backpack but am definitely open to working within what the group would like to do.

We could stay at Brown's both nights and day hike all over the park.

If we choose the backpack option, there are many options to stay at either John Schultz or Heffern's Hill, backpack 5-10 miles and end up at Brown's Hollow for Saturday night.

Those are my thoughts, I'm not sure whether I will have Friday off or whether I will be coming up Friday after work.

Looking forward to this.

HY
    I'm with Hangin'Yankee if if make the hang. It will depend on if my wife will let me go to Rochester by myself. If that happens I will catch the hang on the way back.
    If that does happen I could be there earlier in the week on Wednesday or Thursday. My last appointments are on Wednesday so I will be looking for some place to camp until the hang.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Still hoping to make this but my wife is stacking my dance card for November.
    Time will tell or not-tell.
    Hopeful Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx and Burrow
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    I'd like to backpack as well....but am open to whatever the group wants to do.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast