Hennessy Ultralite Explorer
    Tarp
    Hennessy hex
    Insulation
    depends
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Pea pods

Hello. I've been doing some reading and it looks like the Speer peapod will not fit the Hennessy. Is that right? I don't camp in the snow usually but I do sleep cold and that little peapod just looks so toasty. If no peapod, then will any UQ fit? My hammock is an ultralite explorer.

Oh, and one more question for you experts if you don't mind, is the bubble pad (or sunvisor cheat) better than the little foam pad that comes with the SS?

Thanks.

Hammock
    Hennessy Ultralite Explorer
    Tarp
    Hennessy hex
    Insulation
    depends
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Oh, I forgot to note that it's a side entry only. That brings up another question though. Since It's a side entry, does it have a head end and foot end?

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    I love the foam pad that comes with the ss. I love the way supershelter works. and hey not everybody does but I do . also the sunscreen thing is good. there are some quilts that are made specifically for the hennessy line. but I believe theres a problem with using the peapod with a hennessy because of the netting. but maybe a polar pod would fit? no clue though. also the way tom tells you to lay in the hennessy is climb in and have your head to the left and feet to the right.
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NewtonGT View Post
    I love the foam pad that comes with the ss. I love the way supershelter works. and hey not everybody does but I do . also the sunscreen thing is good. there are some quilts that are made specifically for the hennessy line. but I believe theres a problem with using the peapod with a hennessy because of the netting. but maybe a polar pod would fit? no clue though. also the way tom tells you to lay in the hennessy is climb in and have your head to the left and feet to the right.
    You really must be able to close any pod under the ridge line to be able to get reasonable performance out of it. With a zip model, you van probably get the net enough out of the way to make a pod usable. But I'm not sure I would pick that combo, though the Pea Pod on the right hammock is indeed a toasty way to go. But it might work OK.

Which HH do you have? It would probably work better with a zip Expedition or Backpacker than it would with one of the larger models.

Images
    I have been verry pleased with the SS. I don't know if there are any left, but Hennessy had a few SS listed on their Odds and End Sale when it started.

If you wanted something to enclose the hammock they do sell an over cover to use with the SS. I have only used mine a couple of times, but it did block the wind and hold a little warmth inside the hammock. I thing there was a 7-9 degree difference inside vs. outside the night I checked the temps(low 30's vs. about 40). I do think the wind break effect was more bennefit that the actual heat that it held in.

Ragnall

Hammock
    HH Expedition Zip
    Tarp
    HH Asym
    Insulation
    HH Supershelter
    Suspension
    Stock

Head end/Foot end.

When you are in the hammock, the zipper should be on your right. Move your head to the left and your feet to the right to get into the asym position.

Hammock
    Circadian
    Tarp
    11 footer
    Insulation
    goose down
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    My PP works well with my Expedition, but Im planning on getting an Explorer so we'll see

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawldaddy View Post
    My PP works well with my Expedition, but Im planning on getting an Explorer so we'll see
    What kind of zip mod do you have? I think some of the 2q mods allow getting the net out of the way better than the stock HH zip does. I think with some of the 2q mods you can get the net completely out of the way.

Anyway, I think if you can get the net pretty much out of the way, I would expect the PeaPod to work quite well with an Expedition. It will probably work OK with the HH stock zipper, but not as well. I'm basing this opinion on testing a HH DJ XL, I wasn't able to get that net off to the side as much as I would have liked.

• + New Posts