Hammock
    Eno Doublenest + Eureka chrysalis
    Insulation
    WL UQ+Bag4Chrysals
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images

Hanging in Belgium

Guess it's time for that belated introduction. I live & hang in Belgium. Started hanging because of a course I'm following that makes me sleep outdoors a lot. We do go tent-camping often during summer & sometimes I did take a hammock to lurk around in during the day, but I was always happy I could sleep in when I had a particularly rough night and happy I could return to my bed afterwards.

I combine my lessons with work. The lessons are sometimes quite intensive, make me get up early & stay up late and involve hard work too. So I need to get a good sleep at night to make it back to work after class days without falling ill. Since a tent didn't cut it comfort wise and I really didn't like sleeping alone in that thing, I came to research hammocks for sleeping and ended up here.

So far I've been sleeping in an Eno's doublenest, using a tenth wonder 3mx3m tarp with DIY ripstop doors, a pvc/broomstick turtlelady stand (no trees...) and a DIY emergencyblanket/oldsleepingbag sandwich UQ. Last time, I was too cold and it was the first time I missed someting about ground-dwelling: the additional "warmth" a closed tent provides. I don't have down UQ and top quilt money. Europe doesn't have them, shipping from the US incl. taxes is too steep.

So I'm now considering the Chrysalis from Eureka! as my winter solution, since it's on sale here. I could fold my DIY UQ double using Timberrr's wunder sling ( http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=37157 ) benefiting from the extra warmth.

That's about it. Not sure how long I'll be hanging around on these fora. But I do want give you guys a HUGE thank you. So far it has been very helpful and educational. So THANK YOU to everybody contributing to the fora! You've all helped me a lot and without you guys, I would be ground dwelling and waking up sore with terrible moods and I would've probably already had several visits to the doctors office this year.

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Welcome from Florida, USA! There seems to be many hangers in northern Europe.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Welcome to the group! My great grand parents emigrated from Cordoi LeGrand in the early 1900's. My great grandfather was from Charleoi.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    DD Tarp 3x3
    Insulation
    GarQuilt/Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Welcome to the forums from west Texas!

Hammock
    Eno Doublenest + Eureka chrysalis
    Insulation
    WL UQ+Bag4Chrysals
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Thanks for the warm welcome !

@mad777 - Yeah, but not so many in Belgium yet. I always get loads of questions when I'm putting up my gear. Which is funny, because they all know hammocks, but just like me a year ago, it doesn't occur to them to use one as a tent replacement.

@HamMike - cool! You've got Belgian roots. If the Belgian genes are still strong in you, you'll have a high appreciation for good beer, chocolate, fries and good eating in general. Charleroi is becoming prettier again. There were certain parts that were going down the drain, but they're really putting an effort into cleaning the place up.

@Avenger - Thanks !

Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images
    Welcome to HF from Mass.

• + New Posts