Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    As I said almost a pound difference. 11 ounces is 11 ounces. It may not be a big deal on short overnighters or weekends, but every little bit adds up. Ex specially if your doing a thru hike.

It may be bigger and cost less but that is because you have the added weight.
    but i love this tarp and and i am not a gram weanie neo

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra Spinn
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Lynx
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    but i love this tarp and and i am not a gram weanie neo
    If you love it then that is great. I was not trying to convince you that it is not right for you. I was just stating why it was not right for me. If anone likes it and and has no problem using it, then it is for them.

I, too, refrained from the camo tarp because of the weight. As to the JRB vs. MacCat, I favor the JRB because of its straight edges make it more suitable when used as a stand-alone tarp because it provides a bit more coverage. When used as a stand-alone, the ridge line runs between different corners. The true rectangular shape makes it easily adaptable laeving planty of room for one person and gear. Nevertheless, I really do like the shape of the MacCat tarp, too. It looks as though it can be a nice taut pitch over a hammock. Another small advantage of the JRB is that it only requires two stakes, one on each side of the hammock. Often it is not easy to get two stakes on a side planted as they might be on level ground in your backyard.
    Last edited by rambler; 11-25-2006 at 19:21.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12