DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Thank you my friend! I do believe that quote just found its way to our "Wall of quotes".

The comments that we get from you guys, in threads like this one, really make our week!

~Stormcrow & Thorwren

Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    I agree with Dutch 2 ounces of down can only be a good thing. Hey I got 3 extra ounces of down in my new and up coming Winter Phoenix. That does not make it any better or worse then any other Phoenix out their. It only makes it my Phoenix.

"This is my phoenix. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My phoenix is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

My phoenix, without me, is useless. Without my phoenix, I am useless. I must keep my phoenix lofted. I must stay warm

My phoenix and myself know that what counts in this hike is not the down we stuff, the crinkle of cuben, nor the feather that got away. We know that it is the warmth that counts. We will keep warm...

My phoenix is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its suspension and its baffles. I will ever guard it against the ravages of weather and damage as I will ever guard my legs, my arms, my eyes and my heart against damage. I will keep my phoenix clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...

My phoenix and myself are the the defenders against cold. We are the masters of cold. We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, and there is no cold, but warmth!"

Heck, any thing Hammock Gear is an excellent thing. That's what this thread was intended to be all about any ways. How great Hammock Gear quilts are. "Why cant we all just just hang along".
    LRR
    Owner/Founder at Hammockgear.com - Hammock Camping Outfitters
    Home of the Burrow, the Incubator, and the Phoenix

Hammock
    1.5oz Ripstop Single Layer DIY
    Tarp
    HMG Cuben Hex
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix & Incub
    Suspension
    Strp,Whoop,Biner
    All I'm gonna say is holy crap. I've had some log in issues with HammockForums ...should be posting as 'Towellie', but somehow my account is on 'ntowell'. Taken me a minute to remember I had this thread.

Anyways, I don't really have anything to add to all the hubbub that has been going down, but I do have to tell you how friggin' bomb dig this quilt is. It's unbelievable. My mission was for a quality quilt that I can spin barrel-rolls in all night long in 0F and have to make zero adjustments for cold spots. I don't want to jack with anything in the middle of the night.

I'm 5'8" and this baby has me by half a foot on head and feet. It's awesome. No way to slip off of it and get woken by a cold spot. Slept in 38F the other night and felt money. Slept in my house in 70F vented, felt money. Had my girlfriend lay in it so I could take some pictures, fell asleep before the photoshoot was over.

You know when you buy a new car and you keep peaking out the window to look at how bada$$ it is? Yeah. It's like that. Best sub-freezing goose tube money can buy.

Thanks Adam and Jenny! As soon as I can figure out how to turn some of my regrettable gear buys into cash, I'll give it to you for an over quilt to mate with my under quilt.... if they have baby pillows I'll send you one.

Enjoy the pics of my new baby!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sweet lookin quilt!!!

One thing though, I know with my incubator I need to have some cord attached to the middle loops on the quilt and string it over the ridgeline to give some extra support to the quilt as mine has sagged a little in the night! Not sure if it will happen to yours as it appears as though you have the re-designed incubator!

Sleep warm my friend!!!
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    BlackBird dbl 1.1+Dutchware
    Tarp
    SuperFly+Dutchware
    Insulation
    HG & Mamba
    Suspension
    Straps+Dutchware
    Images
    What is the final weight of this UQ?
    Do you have a photo of is compressed for packing into your backpack?

In a word "impressive".

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Very nice looking quilt. Adam and Jenny really do some top notch work. I've always been a fan of the black green combo. Loving the new design of the UQ that Adam is making cant wait to test my newly designed Phoenix at the MAHA and not just in my back yard. Your pics really show off the new design very nicely. I do believe the new design is supposed to elevate some of the sagging from underneath and better help prevent CBS so one would not need the shock cord over the hammock RL. But Adam would have to chime in on that one to better explain the effectiveness of the new design. So enjoy your new incubator and all it's warm downy goodness it has to offer.
    LRR
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HMG Cuben Hex
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix & Incub
    Suspension
    Strp,Whoop,Biner
    The quilt fits crazy snug, almost not enough shock cord it's so snug, however, because it's a full length, you don't feel the ridge underneath your thighs or calves, so zero adjustment is needed, whether I use my hennessy or my grand trunk double. Only thing I adjust is the the venting at the ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky Bear View Post
    Sweet lookin quilt!!!

One thing though, I know with my incubator I need to have some cord attached to the middle loops on the quilt and string it over the ridgeline to give some extra support to the quilt as mine has sagged a little in the night! Not sure if it will happen to yours as it appears as though you have the re-designed incubator!

Sleep warm my friend!!!
    Final weight of the underquilt is exactly 32.0oz (2lbs). If I go by the weight of the incubator of the website, I got like 3.4oz of overstuff I believe. Will post a picture in stuff sack at lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
    What is the final weight of this UQ?
    Do you have a photo of is compressed for packing into your backpack?

In a word "impressive".

Quote Originally Posted by ntowell View Post
    The quilt fits crazy snug, almost not enough shock cord it's so snug, however, because it's a full length, you don't feel the ridge underneath your thighs or calves, so zero adjustment is needed, whether I use my hennessy or my grand trunk double. Only thing I adjust is the the venting at the ends.
    Awesome, yea mine is a older version so a little "uplifting" is usually in order, too much down a hangin!!!
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    Tarp
    HMG Cuben Hex
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix & Incub
    Suspension
    Strp,Whoop,Biner
    Here's a few pictures of it in the stuff sack it came with and a small sea-to-summit event compression bag.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S
    Tarp
    Dutchware tarp
    Insulation
    HG phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    I agree with Dutch 2 ounces of down can only be a good thing. Hey I got 3 extra ounces of down in my new and up coming Winter Phoenix. That does not make it any better or worse then any other Phoenix out their. It only makes it my Phoenix.

"This is my phoenix. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My phoenix is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

My phoenix, without me, is useless. Without my phoenix, I am useless. I must keep my phoenix lofted. I must stay warm

My phoenix and myself know that what counts in this hike is not the down we stuff, the crinkle of cuben, nor the feather that got away. We know that it is the warmth that counts. We will keep warm...

My phoenix is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its suspension and its baffles. I will ever guard it against the ravages of weather and damage as I will ever guard my legs, my arms, my eyes and my heart against damage. I will keep my phoenix clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...

My phoenix and myself are the the defenders against cold. We are the masters of cold. We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, and there is no cold, but warmth!"

Heck, any thing Hammock Gear is an excellent thing. That's what this thread was intended to be all about any ways. How great Hammock Gear quilts are. "Why cant we all just just hang along".
    LRR
    Yeah...what HE said!!! Enjoy your Hammockgear equipment!
    Peggy & Russ --The Jerzybears -

I do not read advertisements. I would spend all of my time wanting things.
    -Franz Kafka

Just got surprised with a shipment notification today on my 20* inc with 2oz. Way faster than I thought. Winter hangs here I come!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast