Hammock
    ENO Double & HH Expedition
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Quilts rule!
    Images

Great Night/Weekend

A bit of background here before I get to the tip. This will be somewhat of a trip review as well.

The scout troop went out to Lake Mineral Wells State Park to the West of us here in DFW for a little rock climbing and rappeling. That was all real good. To the part all y'all (that the plural of y'all) are interested in. I recently returned my ENO Single Nest to REI in exchange for a Double. The single was a little tight around my shoulders and couldn't contain my DAM. This weekend was my first night out to try the double. It was really great to have the extra room. I was able to get a good diagonal going for max comfort. The first night out, I had the JRB suspension lines attached to the hammock gathering rope on each end, then looped through the descending rings. To which, I connected my quilt. The temps were in the mid to upper 40's. After a couple of hours, my bottom started to get chilly. Reaching between the hammock and the quilt, there was a bit of a gap. For the night, I just took my sit pad and stategically placed it to ward off the chill. During the day, when I could better see, (Here's the tip part) I took the suspension lines out of the descending rings and tied them, using an overhand loop, around the ridge line and then down the side of the hammock. I reconnected the quilt and, viola, a greatly reduced gap and no cold spot.

I also had the responsibility for cooking the adults dinner on Saturday. I cooked a chicken pot pie in a dutch oven that was absolutely fabulous. Here is the link. http://papadutch.home.comcast.net/~p...ckenpotpie.htm. To top that off, I made a no-bake cheese cake for dessert. Good eats.
    Peace,
    Joe

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Sounds like a great dinner Joe and a fun trip. Did you have any bugnetting, or did you not need any?

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    ENO Double & HH Expedition
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Quilts rule!
    Images
    I used the ENO bug net. Yeah, it's on the heavy side, but until I sew on some hook and loop, it's what I got. There wasn't many skeeters, but it's warm enuf now, I didn't want to take a chance.
    Peace,
    Joe

• + New Posts