Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lymphocytosis View Post
    Are all of the phoenixes now being made with the new design? If so expect yet another order from me soon...!
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
    We are pretty much making all of the new Phoenix quilts with the new design. It just seems to make more sense to do so.

~Stormcrow
    So yep they are. And a very cool and effective design at that if I may add.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    Originally Posted by stormcrow
    We are pretty much making all of the new Phoenix quilts with the new design. It just seems to make more sense to do so.

~Stormcrow

Bravo. Genuine R&D.

Now, its up to HF members not just to cheer but to critically test and tell others how the changes really are improvements that work for them.

This isn't the first and only tailoring of UQs to recognize that bodies aren't sausages; and there's a case for multi-function use, too.

But, hooray for R&D and tailoring.

Quote Originally Posted by DemostiX View Post
    Originally Posted by stormcrow

~Stormcrow

Bravo. Genuine R&D.

Now, its up to HF members not just to cheer but to critically test and tell others how the changes really are improvements that work for them.

This isn't the first and only tailoring of UQs to recognize that bodies aren't sausages; and there's a case for multi-function use, too.

But, hooray for R&D and tailoring.

Funny but the Crowsnest has evolved several times and many have posted their thoughts, pic's, impressions, reviews, blog's and the list goes one ever since the first was produced by Adam and Jenny! We cheer at many manufacturers probduct's, or do you "Not" read the other sub-forums, like Warbonnett, OES, JRB, and all the other fantastic cottage gear makers! Do you own one? If not instead, of barking at others to buy it so they can post a thread and then hear other's rediculous misconceptions of what they "think" it should be, buy one atnd test it for yourself!
    I for one love Adam and Jenny's quilt's, they have made many, many strides and have made a solid reputation for themselves, not just as a business with fantastic product's, but also for customer service! They have listened to customers, and have done the testing and are now offering new and improoved products, but, in all honesty, this is nothing "New" to the hammocking world! The Crowsnest (and his other quilts) came about because of VERY hard work and the need to survive and provide for his family, I for one applaude him!
    Adam I hope that I can one day scrounge up enough to buy one of every quilt you make, and some even for my kids!
    Keep up the fantastic work HammockGear!!!!!!
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranky Bear View Post
    Funny but the Crowsnest has evolved several times and many have posted their thoughts, pic's, impressions, reviews, blog's and the list goes one ever since the first was produced by Adam and Jenny! We cheer at many manufacturers probduct's, or do you "Not" read the other sub-forums, like Warbonnett, OES, JRB, and all the other fantastic cottage gear makers! Do you own one? If not instead, of barking at others to buy it so they can post a thread and then hear other's rediculous misconceptions of what they "think" it should be, buy one atnd test it for yourself!
    I for one love Adam and Jenny's quilt's, they have made many, many strides and have made a solid reputation for themselves, not just as a business with fantastic product's, but also for customer service! They have listened to customers, and have done the testing and are now offering new and improoved products, but, in all honesty, this is nothing "New" to the hammocking world! The Crowsnest (and his other quilts) came about because of VERY hard work and the need to survive and provide for his family, I for one applaude him!
    Adam I hope that I can one day scrounge up enough to buy one of every quilt you make, and some even for my kids!
    +1 Couldent of sad it better my self.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    1.5oz Ripstop Single Layer DIY
    Tarp
    HMG Cuben Hex
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix & Incub
    Suspension
    Strp,Whoop,Biner
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranky Bear View Post
    Solid. Just say "No" to trolls.

Hammock
    Traveler 1.1 sl/WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/Standard
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Dynaglide whoopies
    Images
    Lazy river road, don't you have one of every quilt Adam makes? Haha, I was sooo jealous at mahha! One day I will have everyone. By that time, it will be time to update. Its comforting knowing Adam is continually making great designs even better.

Banned
    Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    Cottage Down
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    i think the "cheer" demo was referring to is the tendancy for people on this site to just blow smoke up vendor's asses, brushing aside things like poor customer service, long waits, or poorly filled down quilts, leaving the newb to find out these things the hard way. as much info as i've gleaned from this site i often feel that it really doesn't do a great job of OBJECTIVE gear/company reviewing. anything even remotely viewed as "negative" towards one of the beloved cottage guys here gets swept under the rug under the disguise of "keeping the negative stuff out of the website".

that's all i think he was trying to say. OBJECTIVE reviews. not reviews of this piece of gear that this guy who i think is my friend made.

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by exup View Post
    Lazy river road, don't you have one of every quilt Adam makes? Haha, I was sooo jealous at mahha! One day I will have everyone. By that time, it will be time to update. Its comforting knowing Adam is continually making great designs even better.
    Yep Exup. Over the pat 2+ year I have owned 4 Burrows 3 Phoenix's and an Incubator. Being the owner of one of Adam's original quilt sets and an owner of one of his newest quilts sets I can truly say that the evolution of Adam's quilts have been quilt astonishing. I am currently in the process of selling my 1.1 quilts and switching them out for 7D and cuben quilts. (I work 3 jobs 2 which are dedicated to gear purchasing). The reason I keep going back to hammock gear is because the quilts are constantly evolving and improving in the areas of craftsmanship, new materials and new designs. Any issue I have ever had with Adam quilts (which have been far and few between) I have taken up with Adam and they have all be fixed beyond any of my expectations I would ever have for a company.

Quote Originally Posted by Wags View Post
    i think the "cheer" demo was referring to is the tendancy for people on this site to just blow smoke up vendor's asses, brushing aside things like poor customer service, long waits, or poorly filled down quilts, leaving the newb to find out these things the hard way as much info as i've gleaned from this site i often feel that it really doesn't do a great job of OBJECTIVE gear/company reviewing. anything even remotely viewed as "negative" towards one of the beloved cottage guys here gets swept under the rug under the disguise of "keeping the negative stuff out of the website".

that's all i think he was trying to say. OBJECTIVE reviews. not reviews of this piece of gear that this guy who i think is my friend made.
    And I can only speak for myself but I have always been critical of every piece of gear I have purchased weather from HG or any other vendor. I work hard for my money and expect a lot from the expensive gear I buy. I personally do extensive research before I buy any piece of gear and weigh the pros and cons. Every one should. I don't see it as blowing smoke but I see it as being super appreciative of the hard work and dedication that our cottage guys put into making their gear. And they deserve every bit of praise they work hard at making great gear for us. As for any thing negative getting swept underneath the rug I only see that done when people come out and are obnoxious about it. When people do it tactfully and respectfully it generally creates a very good discussion on how to improve the gear. Often times and unfortunately it is done in a distasteful way. So yes their is a way to be objective without being obnoxious and I think the OP did an EXCELLENT job at being objective in his video. And I think Adam did an excellent job at addressing any concerns that the OP may have. If some one takes the time to read through the forum they will certainly find the good and bad to each one of our vendors hey no one is perfect.
    LRR

Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    Yep Exup. Over the pat 2+ year I have owned 4 Burrows 3 Phoenix's and an Incubator. Being the owner of one of Adam's original quilt sets and an owner of one of his newest quilts sets I can truly say that the evolution of Adam's quilts have been quilt astonishing. I am currently in the process of selling my 1.1 quilts and switching them out for 7D and cuben quilts. (I work 3 jobs 2 which are dedicated to gear purchasing). The reason I keep going back to hammock gear is because the quilts are constantly evolving and improving in the areas of craftsmanship, new materials and new designs. Any issue I have ever had with Adam quilts (which have been far and few between) I have taken up with Adam and they have all be fixed beyond any of my expectations I would ever have for a company.

And I can only speak for myself but I have always been critical of every piece of gear I have purchased weather from HG or any other vendor. I work hard for my money and expect a lot from the expensive gear I buy. I personally do extensive research before I buy any piece of gear and weigh the pros and cons. Every one should. I don't see it as blowing smoke but I see it as being super appreciative of the hard work and dedication that our cottage guys put into making their gear. And they deserve every bit of praise they work hard at making great gear for us. As for any thing negative getting swept underneath the rug I only see that done when people come out and are obnoxious about it. When people do it tactfully and respectfully it generally creates a very good discussion on how to improve the gear. Often times and unfortunately it is done in a distasteful way. So yes their is a way to be objective without being obnoxious and I think the OP did an EXCELLENT job at being objective in his video. And I think Adam did an excellent job at addressing any concerns that the OP may have. If some one takes the time to read through the forum they will certainly find the good and bad to each one of our vendors hey no one is perfect.
    LRR

+1 couldn't have said it better myself!!!

Much love to the ones that built each piece when the order is placed, if I could do it better myself I would, and I guess since I don't own any DIY quilts, there ya go!!! Hope one day though that Walmart carries TQ's and UQ's made by Warbonnett and HammockGear and JRB and AHE and the rest of em cause then we won't have to wait!
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Banned
    Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    Cottage Down
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    i should've been more clear. i was not referring to the HG cottage in my rant. just vendors in general...

yes, stick does a great job with objective reviews.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123