Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    DIY (soon)
    Insulation
    modified SBUQ

Opening weekend!

It's been a tradition in our family to go camping for the opening weekend of squirrell season for the past 25 or so years. It has grown into quite the family adventure since there are now 3 and soon to be 4 generations participating.
    It's not just relegated to family though and I invited a friend to come along. I set him up in a HH Epedition Asym and he LOVED it!! So much so, when i saw the post this morning about the HH sale I emailed him and as we speak he is ordering his very own HH and I will be talking to him about attending the Wild Azalea Hang with me.
    I also used this past weekend to modify an OLD sleeping bag into an UQ. After hearing about the Harbor Freight cargo net shock cord, I grabbed one, some S-Biners and a figure 9 and did a quick rig. It was...AWESOME! The temps got down to the mid 40's and I dare say those of us in the hammocks were a LOT more comfortable than the ground dwellers.
    Here are some pics from my phone. We were having too much fun to get too many pics but i will be sure to bring my big camera to the Wild Azalea Hang.

WBBB with SB UQ (built on-site)

HH loaned to my buddy

me just waking up from a nap ( caught by suprise by my son, was smiling shortly after, lol)

Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Squirrels-yuuummmmm!

So how was the hunt? We do something close to that cept the openin day fer squirrels is opening day for muzzleloader for deer. 3 people hung last year so now you got me dreaming of hunting and hanging.
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    DIY (soon)
    Insulation
    modified SBUQ
    The hunt was a bust...as loud as our group is, I doubt there was a squirrel within 20 miles, lol. but we had a BLAST

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    DD Tarp 3x3
    Insulation
    GarQuilt/Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Havens71 View Post
    The hunt was a bust...as loud as our group is, I doubt there was a squirrel within 20 miles, lol. but we had a BLAST
    Kind of like the fact that sometimes it's best to drop your line in the water with no bait on the hook.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Chinook 9.6x9.6
    Insulation
    AH New River UQ
    Suspension
    Came with the BB
    Images
    Looks like a great time.

How did that sleeping bag under quilt work out? That looked like a great idea.
    I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority. - E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    DIY (soon)
    Insulation
    modified SBUQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Veto 65 View Post
    Looks like a great time.

How did that sleeping bag under quilt work out? That looked like a great idea.

It worked great, wish it would have been darted to conform better but it held up well for an in the field modification

• + New Posts