So my wife comes home from work today and says friends of our's are wanting to introduce their young children to camping. We have been invited to tag-along (darn it! ) and provide some ideas of where to go, what to bring, and what to do. Right off the bat I'm think Davidson River Campground. Wives have insisted on having running water and flushing toilets. No complaints here for a car camping trip!

So, my question is does anyone have a good idea of what sites within the Davidson River campground is feasible for a hanging family of 4 Not too worried about the ground-dwelling family, they'll be fine anywhere in there. I guess the other problem I have is that although we may reserve a "site" ahead of time, I don't think we can specify which site we want in advance.

So, I am leaning on my HF buddies with knowledge of this campground that they might be able to point me to a couple of good sites.

Worse case scenario, I'll have to offer up some kind of dead road-kill in a can to Hanging Burrito & Running Feather to see if they can scout me out a site or 2 or 3 . . .

Thanks in advance . . .