Question about Grand Trunk

So I ordered a skeeter beeter pro last week and now have it. When it showed up in the mail it came in a no see-um mesh bag that is not attached to the hammock. Is this just a courtesy that grand trunk gives to their customers or did I just get lucky?

But my real question is. . .what do I do with this bag? Are there any posts that anyone can direct me to regarding this. Multi-uses . . ...etc.

As a side note: I have not set this hammock up yet, nor read the directions (instead I ran to my computer). Therefore if it attaches somehow in the hammock 'set up' you will have to excuse my ignorance for such a newbee question.

Ideas?

Images
    Well, I use the bag that came with mine as a ditty bag for "stuff." I guess you could get creative and use it for: Head bug net (a small head), a bank robber mask, a water pre-filter, or, for you gram weenies, a backpack.

Hammock
    GTUL/WBRR
    Tarp
    Ogee/Diy
    Insulation
    HudsonR/EE20/Leilo
    Suspension
    DynaWhoopie/Hugger
    Images
    be careful with the stock suspension. I set mine up with it and the ropes almost broke with me in it. Don't use paracord either. I landed on my butt trying that.
    "If animals could speak the dog would be a blundering outspoken fellow, but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much."
    - Mark Twain

"FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! NO MORE WOOD!"
    - Mancat

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL Lefty
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 4S
    Insulation
    HG Incu-Burrow
    Suspension
    War Buckle
    Images
    I sometimes put wet stuff(tarp,clothes, camp towel) in the mesh bag and hang it on the outside of my pack to dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Mancat View Post
    be careful with the stock suspension. I set mine up with it and the ropes almost broke with me in it. Don't use paracord either. I landed on my butt trying that.
    Your right the suspension does look a little shaky. I have already replaced the caribeeners with lighter ones, not to mention less sharp ones. Yikes! I almost cut my finger on the caribeeners they sent it with. I wonder if that is why some hangers have there grand trunk hammocks rip on them. i.e. stuff it in the sack and the caribeener is pushed open and then closed on fabric.

Anyhow I have ordered some amsteel (green) and am going to make whoopie (twice) when they show up. One for each end of the hammock. I am also in the process of obtaining some webbing as well.

Is there a cheap place on the web to pick up some webbing in bulk or by the foot?

Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 single
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Images
    shaug,
    I also received the bag with my SBPro, a year ago, so I guess it is standard. I don't use it for the hammock; I just stuff the hammock in the attached bag and draw closed.

I replaced the stock suspension before I ever slept in the hammock, and have not regretted that.

Look at I and other SBPro owners have modified their hammocks to get some really good ideas. This is the only hammock I have ever slept in, and I feel it was lucky to start with such a good hammock.

Enjoy and ask any more questions if you need to. The gang here is, as you have seen, most helpful
    “Indian builds small fire and stays warm, white man builds big fire and stays warm collecting firewood”—unknown

“The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea”—Karen Blixen

• + New Posts