Hammock
    WBBB double 1.1, Grand Trunk UL
    Tarp
    Superfly !!

GT Ultralight .....FUN !!

I am currently waiting on a Warbonnet BB that I ordered a couple of weeks ago, but the same day I also ordered a couple of the GT ultralights for the kids (and me ) to play with. Well, i got them in the mail just a couple of days after I ordered them and we went to work on our own custom suspension system and upgraded to some nice carabiners.

We went on a camping trip over the weekend and I have to say the hammocks were awesome. Everyone wanted there turn in them and did not want to give them up after they were in. They were GREAT !! So relaxing and they are easy and fast to set up, pack down really small, and overall very lightweight. So they will be going on any kind of outdoor trip with us from here on out for sure.

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    I have a Warbonnet Blackbird and a Switchback - but, I also have 2 GT Ultralights which I'll never give up. I can grab one of those and fit it in a cargo pocket on my pants.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WB, ZPacks
    Insulation
    Incubators/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoppie/Strap
    Images
    I don't even sleep in my BLackbird or Switchback anymore. Not that I don't like them, they are just too heavy! Grand Trunk's UL and Nano's are way lighter and not bad on comfort either.

~S~

Hammock
    JBizzle Bird
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Straps
    The nano is really comfy but sags a good amount with 140lbs. Comfy for me, just have to be aware of how high you're pitching it off the ground.
    JBizzle
    http://baxpax.org

Missouri Backpacking and Hiking

Hammock
    Most
    Tarp
    Sea to Summit
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Images
    My GT Ultralight is what I most often bring in my kit. It's hard to beat the price, weight, and simplicity. Love it.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    AHE/WL/DiY
    Suspension
    straps and stuff
    I've started with a GTUL--mostly for price. But it's been a real pleasure out on the trail. Nothing like hanging it up for a great lunch break on a long day or napping away the afternoon. Like some others, I swapped out the suspension for whoopies. It's a great 'go-to' piece of gear and unbeatable for the price.

Hammock
    GTUL
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Jarbidge/Cosmic 20
    Suspension
    Whoopies and Webs
    I also just picked up a GTUL and switched out for whoopies and a SRL and slept in it two nights ago. The lay is a little different than my Hammock Bliss as it's a little more narrow but once I got the kinks worked out it was actually a really comfortable hammock.
    Only the dreamer venoms all his days,
    Bearing more woe than all his sins deserve.

Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I recently got an Ultra lite and traded some excess stuff I had laying around for the whoopies, tree straps, Dutch clips and biners. I don't like to 'rob' parts off of my other hammock set ups. Anyway, I figured I'd try a Grand Trunk UL and have it for a loaner. I gotta say the comfort of it is impressive. This has me eyeballin a Nano 7. Hummmm, maybe Santa could hook me up with a Nano! More trading for suspension stuff- ahh sigh! Not that I neeed another hammock but my addiction needs fed. Just sayin.
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

Hammock
    JBizzle Bird
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Tents View Post
    I recently got an Ultra lite and traded some excess stuff I had laying around for the whoopies, tree straps, Dutch clips and biners. I don't like to 'rob' parts off of my other hammock set ups. Anyway, I figured I'd try a Grand Trunk UL and have it for a loaner. I gotta say the comfort of it is impressive. This has me eyeballin a Nano 7. Hummmm, maybe Santa could hook me up with a Nano! More trading for suspension stuff- ahh sigh! Not that I neeed another hammock but my addiction needs fed. Just sayin.
    Hopefully you've been a good boy this year. I heard somewhere Santa secretly monitors this site.

Nano is more comfortable than the UL 100%. But, I don't care what the site says, mine has to be 1.1oz ripstop nylon. It feels half the thickness of my 1.5oz I just made my DIY out of. Keep in mind the user weight comfortability rating and weight limits of 1.1. There is a considerable amount of stretch, but for me (140lbs) it feels great. Although, in my 10X11 winter tarp sealed down, I have to start with my hammock ridgeline butted up to the top of my tarp or my UQ is uncomfortably close to the ground after I get in the hammock.
    JBizzle
    http://baxpax.org

Missouri Backpacking and Hiking

• + New Posts