Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DougTheElder View Post
    While there are many ways to get the job done, the most important thing is to get the job done...Too often a newcomers is barraged by an onslaught of differing opinions which adds to his confusion. Once someone has a little experience under his belt, he can easily take a trial and error approach to making improvements, but meanwhile, he has a well-grounded system to fall back on.
    I agree completely. There are a multitude of ways to go about making a hammock suspension. I make no claims that the method I outlined is the best way, but it is a good way to build a simple, safe, and proven setup.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    ENO Double
    Tarp
    Walmart Blue
    Insulation
    Thermarest Prolite
    Thanks Again everyone I have been on the phone w strapworks about doing something similar to the SlapStraps using polypro and think I might end up going that route. Thank You very much Angry Spaarow for taking the time to create the post regarding the suspension, it was great. I am just leary about modifying my own gear, I will probably get over it quick as I did with my modifiying kayak.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HOPTOAD View Post
    I have been on the phone w strapworks about doing something similar to the SlapStraps using polypro and think I might end up going that route.
    I always thought that the slapstraps design was kind of limiting, because it was only minimally adjustable. Good luck, though. Post pics of your solution.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    ENO Double
    Tarp
    Walmart Blue
    Insulation
    Thermarest Prolite
    Ah, It finally clicked for me now i can see how Angry Sparrows system would be infinatly adjustable to the end of the strap. Gonna have to do some thinking.

HOPTOAD

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12