WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buenos View Post
    Great video. Really enjoyed the views, the tips, the written commentary. Keep up the great work!
    Thanks for posting your comment, Buenos! It’s helpful to get a bit of feedback on the videos I make. Without it, there is no way of knowing if it’s ok, or wasting people's time who watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    One of the best videos I have watched! It had it all, beautiful scenery, babbling brook, rain, sunshine, and best of all, fabulous commentary delivered humorously but with some neat camping tips!
    I felt like I was out there hiking with you. You would be a fun hiking partner! Your enthusiasm is contagious.

My favorite hikes are ones that follow creeks. The rock hopping takes the monotony out of trudging and I love the sound of the water.

I've subscribed to your YouTube and I hope to see many more enjoyable videos in the future!
    Yeah, I supposes it did have a good mix, MAD777! The plan was to go straight to camp and mostly do some camp talk, which is something I haven’t done in a video, because there is too much other stuff to show during walk time. I'm trying to keep the videos short, so camp talk usually gets cut out. I quite like putting “Bruciehi5 Handy Hint” on the screen, it's kind of silly. I’ll have to show some more handy hints, so I can use it again.

***I felt like I was out there hiking with you.

Yes, that's what I'm trying to do with the videos! 90% of the people who watch my videos are in American and will probably never get to walk in the places I do, so I try to take them there via video. Hard to do in one 15 minute part. Being shown places I'll probably never get to visit is one of the best things about all the trip reports here on Hammock Forums.

Yeah, rock hopping is up the top of my favorite hikes too, especially after that last trip! There are quite a few rocks to be hopped around here too. Thanks for your comments, MAD777, very encouraging, which is probably not a good thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    I hunkered down and had a good time watching part 2. I also like an Edge sized tarp.
    Look forward to your next adventure.
    Shug
    You may have noticed that I like to say, hunker! I think it’s an American thing to say and probably should stay that way. I don’t say it right! It even sounds better when you type it! I’m gonna keep saying it though, cuz I like it! Even though I was putting words in your mouth, talking about you on your unicycle, I probably won’t say Whoo Buddy again. I don’t even come close to saying that right!

The Edge tarp is a good all rounder, but to make it that way, you gotta have the doors for it. They make it. I’m pleased that you watched part 2 and didn’t think it was number 2.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBro View Post
    Hmmmmmm, Maybe I liked the quality of the videos, because I use the Kodak Zi8 also And you are right, without a tripod it tends to get a little wavy (rolling shutter is the technical term for it, I think). I know this is off topic, but how do you like the Zipshot? I've been checking them out on the internet. Any big problems with it?
    Well, Thanks again for sharing your adventure.
    Happy Trails,
    -Mark
    Hello SlowBro,

Oh I think we can go off topic for a second or two. I like it! I searched around on the Internet for a light weight compact tripod, but had a hard time finding one that suited my needs. I ended up finding the Zipshot in a local electronics store and bought it after a bit of huming and hring. I wanted something lighter and something telescopic. This thing has a bit of shock cord in the middle of all three leg tubes. So, when I undo the 2 red shock cords that hold it in folded up mode, the 3 legs flop down and lock into place, quick and easy like – it actually works really well! It folds back up almost as easily, just a bit fiddly, but perfectly ok. It weighs 327 grams, 11.53 ounces, but it is fairly strong. Even though it isn’t telescopic, you can still set it up at 4 different heights by not locking the legs in place at one of the three joints on each leg. To where the camera screws on, it is 1220mm or 4 feet high. You can pan okish if you don’t screw the camera on as tight as it will go. I don’t have anything bad to say about it, apart from I think it’s a bit over priced for what it is. I paid $89.95 for mine. Anyway SlowBro, better get back on topic, or I’ll get e-shot!

Quote Originally Posted by Les Rust View Post
    Bruciehi5, really enjoyed the trip, the video, the humor, and the subtitles. Reminded me of Monty Python in a way. Not so sure that 'Whoo Buddy' translates all that well into Aussie--there must be another phrase for that! Thanks for taking us along. Looking forward to more adventures in the future.
    Hi there Les Rest,

Monty Python... “You’re a very naughty boy!” lol “I ‘ll fump im if e calls me big nose agen.” lol Yes, Whoo Buddy is very American and should not be said, or typed, by anyone other! I don’t think we’ve got our own phrase for that. The shortened version is used a bit, but that is stolen from America... Whoo! You are welcome, Les Rest, I enjoyed taking you along!

Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    Excellent trip report. Thanks so much for sharing it. Looking forward to your next TR.
    Thanks Outandback! The people here on Hammock Forums have shared a lot of stuff with me, which is how I got such a great hammock set up. I’m just trying to give a bit back. The “Stick Trick" is probably the most useful thing I’ve given back so far.
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly,HG CUBEN
    Insulation
    Yeti and Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Another enjoyable video. Looking forward to your next trip report

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    WB tarps
    Insulation
    HG Down, PolarPod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Great hike.
    Great humor.
    Great videos.

And thanks for sharing.

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillipsart View Post
    Another enjoyable video. Looking forward to your next trip report
    Hi there Phillipsart! Thanks for your comment! And thanks again for the info on Fraser Island! I’ve been a bit put off going, because of the dog thing, but now,with my new understanding, it’s back on my “To Do list!

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeAway View Post
    Great hike.
    Great humor.
    Great videos.

And thanks for sharing.
    Hello Blazy baby! I was wondering if you watched the trip report and if you enjoyed it and now I know you did and you did! Thanks for posting your great comments!
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    3 SEASON YETI
    Suspension
    Webbing and buckle
    Images
    Thats a guuudin . Thanks for posting.
    BEAS
    From the Great Southern state of
    TENNESSEE
    Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less. General Robert E. Lee

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by BEAS View Post
    Thats a guuudin . Thanks for posting.
    Hello there BEAS,

You know the old saying, If at first you don't succeed... give up skydiving.
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    DIY Hennessey A-sym
    Tarp
    JRB Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    3S Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Webbing / Amsteel
    Loved your report! Man i gotta get half way around the world and visit there! My cousin has spent the last year and a half over there and shes in love. We keep trying to get her to come back and she keeps delaying. Guess thats what that beautiful country will do

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    I truly enjoyed every minute. Thanks for posting it . It is a very beautiful place. Reminds me of the San Jasinto mountains of California where I spent many a weekend. I really was envious while watching it. Gorgeous!
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiezelDorf View Post
    Loved your report! Man i gotta get half way around the world and visit there! My cousin has spent the last year and a half over there and shes in love. We keep trying to get her to come back and she keeps delaying. Guess thats what that beautiful country will do
    Thanks for letting me know that you enjoyed the video, DiezelDorf! During my Gold Coast Great Walk, at Echo Point, I met two people from the UK. They were given a holiday to Bali (alright for some), and they decided to not go home after it, but instead come visit us here in AU for two weeks. One of them said, “ We have to be back in Sydney and out of the country in two weeks, or we’ll get into trouble.” I said, “How long have you been here?” The same person said, “We planned to be here for two weeks, but we’ve been here a year.” They didn’t seem to happy about having to leave. It would have been ok with me if they stayed. They said they’d be back to do the west coast.

Quote Originally Posted by Mule View Post
    I truly enjoyed every minute. Thanks for posting it . It is a very beautiful place. Reminds me of the San Jasinto mountains of California where I spent many a weekend. I really was envious while watching it. Gorgeous!
    Yes I think we should all stop watching these trip reports, Mule! I don’t think I’ve seen one yet that didn’t make me envious, jealous, and resentful! In a nice way though of course... we don’t have any negative vibes here at HF. Well, maybe some for the trip report posters, but there would be none if people would stop showing us such, as you put it, gorgeous places! lol Thanks for posting your comments Mule, it’s nice to hear from you!
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123