Images

Guy Lines: What about Dynaglide?

Hello,

I was looking for Zing-it when I found Dynaglide.

Dynaglide: http://www.neropes.com/Datasheets/ARB_dynaglide.pdf

Zing-it: http://www.samsonrope.com/index.cfm?...ope=168&inst=1

Both may be purchased here: http://www.wesspur.com/Throw-line/zi...hrow-line.html

Dynaglide is listed as being lighter than Zing-it. It's also listed as snag free. It's the same Dyneema SK-75 as the Amsteel blue but the coating appears to be different. I'm wondering how well this line holds knots.

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Looks interesting for sure. I got a sample of the Zing-it and I really like it. I may have to try this Dynaglide.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Images
    where did you see it was dyneema sk75? it says high modulous polyethlyne or whatever, is that the same as spectra/dyneema? it's 2 times stronger than the 1.75 zing it also. i guess the zing it might be made from the sk60 dyneema which would explain why its weaker. the vinal coating might be interesting. i also love the zing it guyline, let us know how the dynaglide works. if you get the dynaglide and want to sample the zing it, we could swap samples if you want.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    where did you see it was dyneema sk75? it says high modulous polyethlyne or whatever, is that the same as spectra/dyneema? it's 2 times stronger than the 1.75 zing it also. i guess the zing it might be made from the sk60 dyneema which would explain why its weaker. the vinal coating might be interesting. i also love the zing it guyline, let us know how the dynaglide works. if you get the dynaglide and want to sample the zing it, we could swap samples if you want.

The info from the manufacturer states that it is sk75.

As far as I can tell, Spectra and Dyneema are both UHMWPE but with different manufacturers: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra_h...ne#cite_note-3

If I buy some, I'll PM you for a swap. Thanks for the offer.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    Looks interesting for sure. I got a sample of the Zing-it and I really like it. I may have to try this Dynaglide.

I have been using the Yale Pulse line for several years. I really like the orange color. Dynaglide has orange so that might just be the feature that puts it at the top for me.

However, sometimes I like to use the taught line hitch. I tried it on my Amsteel blue and I got a bit of melting. I'm not sure if the vinyl coating on the dynaglide would help with that. I suppose there is one way to find out

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by creekfisher View Post
    I have been using the Yale Pulse line for several years. I really like the orange color. Dynaglide has orange so that might just be the feature that puts it at the top for me.
    Where do you get your Yale Pulse line at?
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    Where do you get your Yale Pulse line at?
    I can't find it anymore; although, I did not search extensively. I did find it in hot pink though.

Images
    I called Samson and apparently the coating on Amsteel Blue and Zing-it is the same. So, after testing some knots with the Amsteel Blue I decided that Zing-it would not work for me. I assumed that Dynaglide would not work either.

I went with Spiderline from Spiderline™ Dinghy Line

It is heavy when compared to Zing-it. However, I like how it compares to the Pulse line I have been using. The Spiderline is a little thicker and perhaps a bit heavier but it feels good in the hand and "feels" like a better line.

• + New Posts