Thread: New GT UL!

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest or GT Ultralight
    Tarp
    ENO DryFly
    Insulation
    GoLight 3STQ & CCF
    Quote Originally Posted by sydneywizard View Post
    Are these wide and long enough for a comfortable overnight hang, or just for a snooze in the backyard? I'm 6ft and 163lb.
    You may need to do a little work to get it to lay right with the suspension since it isn't a huge hammock you can move all around in, but I would think you can manage just fine.

But at the light weight it makes a nice gear sling under another hammock so you don't have to have all of your clothes and kit packed up when you are just going to pull it out at night. I might not use it as a gear sling for a long trip, but I just did an overnighter last night and brought it along, and it was nice to just set everything there and have it hanging right under me when I wanted it while I waited out a little rainstorm.
    Last edited by Cjreynol; 10-16-2011 at 22:36. Reason: clarification

Hammock
    Dutch netless 9ft
    Tarp
    Zpack cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix UQ/ JRB TQ
    Suspension
    mule tape
    Quote Originally Posted by Cjreynol View Post
    I might not use it for a long trip...
    Really? I'm 5-10, 165 lbs. and I've been using the nano 7. It doesn't swallow you up like my Hennessey, but I've slept 7 comfortable nights in it. Once I found the "sweet spot" it's been great. I was thinking of getting a GT UL just to have a "big" hammock!
    "A bore is a man who deprives you of solitude without providing you with company." Gian Vincenzo Gravina (1664 - 1718)

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest or GT Ultralight
    Tarp
    ENO DryFly
    Insulation
    GoLight 3STQ & CCF
    Quote Originally Posted by CrankyOldGuy View Post
    Really? I'm 5-10, 165 lbs. and I've been using the nano 7. It doesn't swallow you up like my Hennessey, but I've slept 7 comfortable nights in it. Once I found the "sweet spot" it's been great. I was thinking of getting a GT UL just to have a "big" hammock!
    I should have clarified! I meant bring it along extra as a gear sling hammock

I would certainly trust it no matter the distance

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123