WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    I've had the same thing happen. Cops knock on the door in early A.M. . Several cars hit. Lots of things that could have been snagged weren't. They were after quick change, smash and grab. I'm gettin cameras, not to be able to show the cops but to let me know who to serve a little street justice to.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    Warbonett BB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    BWDD Winter Dream2
    Insulation
    Winter Crowsnest
    Suspension
    whoopieslings.com
    Jsaults, sorry to hear of that. At least they didn't clean you out. Nothing worse than a thief. Trust me, you'll find bits of glass for as long as you own the car. Hope they catch the bad guys and deal them the appropriate punishment.

Hammock
    Traveler SL 1.1 w/ diy tulle bugnet
    Tarp
    Z-packs cuben
    Insulation
    BurrowTQ &BreezeUQ
    Suspension
    dynaglide whoopie
    The good and the bad!!! I broke my own rear quarter window about a year on my subaru... long story short is that I am still finding mini safety glass shards every once in a sharp turn.

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    They are as heartless as they are dumb. Had a pair of X-country skis stolen from my truck, during a snow emergency. I was using them to cover the mile there and back from my cabin, from where I could park my truck.

Cops must have recovered them when they got busted. Ran into a judge in the park next winter who now "owned" them. Neither crooks nor law enforcement bothered to even obscure the initials clearly scribed on the hardware.

The individual who took my report, who was also provided with clear photographs of both skis and initials, warned me that the chance of recovery on such items was extremely "slim" as he phrased it. There was a new ski slope opening up in the area. When informed that they weren't downhill skis, and should stand out to someone in the business, he didn't seem to be able to grasp that concept.

Fortunately however the judge, must have been able to discern the difference, and they eventually were put back on the snow. I did not point out to her, that the skis she was on, were stolen. Just didn't seem prudent at the time. Especially after being encouraged to purchase a set of my own, since my interest seemed so peaked
    Signature suspended

Just a thought but I have heard of this happening here in the past. What may happen is that they get any information from your car that they can possibly use later such as your home address, card numbers, etc. to use for identity theft. It might be wise to do a credit check on yourself and ensure that no new cards have been applied for or other changes to your accounts. I had my credit hijacked once but caught it before applications were processed. It's not a great experience, let me tell you!

Hammock
    HH Custom & WBBB
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logic
    Suspension
    Web Suspension
    I still get a lot of heat from fellow hikers as to why I carry a handgun. I’m not a hunter, or a violent person, as big guy I can hold my own against most fellas. But being from the Dakotas originally, and traveling to some remote spots to enjoy nature, there is always a chance an animal bigger than me may decide I look good for dinner. It may be overkill, and I hate the added weight, but I’m cautious.
    Anyhow, I was headed out of Wildcat trail at Red River Gorge after a two day hike. Didn’t sleep well because I packed too light and ran into cold weather. Got to the truck about 6am where I found a fella digging through the car beside mine. I didn’t think much of it till I noticed the window was busted on the car, glass on the ground, and the car two ahead of mine was in similar condition. Mine would have been next.
    When I asked him to stand up and back away from the car, he did just that. Then he said he had a knife and only wanted to leave. Gun trumps a knife like a King trumps a Jack. It took the police more than thirty minutes to arrive, in which time I heard at least three different stories as to why he needed someone else’s radio. Police said break-ins aren’t common at the Gorge, but it had happened a few times recently, most of which included radio theft. I’m not sure if the guy had ran I would have been able to do anything, I definitely wasn’t gonna chaise after him. It turned out for the best. But I’m always worried now about walking away from my truck for a couple days and hitting the trail. It’s a shame how some people can nearly ruin something, we all do to relax.

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.1 & 1.7
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Incbtr-AH Potmc
    Suspension
    WB Adj Web
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunnr72 View Post
    That sucks!! Glad they didn't get the gear. Years ago, my brother and his wife went on an overnight canoe trip. Got back to the parking lot and found one of the back windows on his P/U had been broken. The only thing missing was a flashlight, it was the only thing he had in the truck. The really sad part, he left the door unlocked, so if someone wanted in, they wouldn't break a window.
    I always leave my door unlocked. If anyone wants whatever crap I actually have in my car, they are welcome to it. Some CDs, a buck two eighty in loose change, that's about it...and my car ain't no great shakes either. But doofs will break a window without even checking the doors...smart...

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234