Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20* zepplin/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    well as long as we are tripping along memory lane, for a good read, spend an evening with Dutch's AT 2003 through-hike trail journal

For those of you who have met "Loser" and his remarkable guitar playing at MAHHA, he makes a guest appearance in the journal.

How can you not like a guy who knows with confidence that "Everything naturally goes my way"?
    Holy Moly Dutch you where so young and hairless.

Dutch truly is one of those broke the mold kind of people that are a rarity. I have no doubt that he would give the shirt off his back to help someone out. The guy has helped me out a few times and he doesn't know me from Adam. Even when I made a special request for something new he said no problem I will work on that. This forum really is lucky to have such a great spirit.

P.S. I could never see it with all the hair but after looking at his trail journals I can say with confidence. Dutch is a pretty handsome guy.
    Yosemite Sam: Are you trying to make me look a fool?
    Bugs: You don't need me to make you look like a fool.
    Yosemite Sam: Yer deerrrnnn right I don't!

Hammock
    HH, CJH NX-250, WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Std, Hex, or WBSF
    Insulation
    Burrows&Incubators
    Suspension
    Poly web w/AHE buc

A canoeing friend of mine loves to fiddle with

equipment much as I do. Mike refers to it as "futzing". He and I are kindred souls as we are constantly adjusting, modifying, constructing and generally customizing our boats to yield more comfort and convenience.

In Dutch I see a fellow "Futzer" to the Nth degree. I am constantly amazed at the small and elegantly simple devices he conjures up to make hanging quicker/easier/mor pleasant. Case in point: I love single strap suspensions with buckles. But his new concoction, the Dutch Buckle was too neat for me to pass up, and I will be converting my HH to whoopies and Dutch Buckles.

Jim

PS: I do not want to ignore the other "Futzers" here on HF! You folks know who you are. Always looking at a different method for hanging, you have supplied me with oodles of ideas over the time I have been here. Thanks to all!

Hammock
    Dutch's prototypes
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    All Dutchware
    I'll jump on the Dutch bandwagon as well. The 1st time time I ever met Dutch, he cooked me a steak over a open fire in the rain. Then re-did the suspensions on both my trap and hammock complete with Dutch-ware for both. I did make him a cup of tea though.

Yup, Dutch is one the finest amongst us.

Hammock
    DreamHammock Darien
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 12
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I had just walked the entire state of VA in the RAIN. That was 5 weeks of not being able to sit down. That is amazing you found that, Do they have the archives posted on the web?
    Yep, you can find the archive here. They've only gotten up to 2008 so far, but are scanning pictures as soon as they can. Also, most of the pictures, like yours, have the writing around the picture cropped out. But if you view the source of the page with your picture on it, you will find this directory: /system/pics/10824/cropped/8601_8700ATC075.jpg?1297641600 Just change "cropped" to "uncropped", place it behind http://www.athikerpictures.org and you will get the whole polaroid.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    OMW or Dutch Wide
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies/ Dutch
    I must agree! My regret is that I didn't come here sooner to say it.

He helped this noob out quite a bit getting my suspension and ridgelines all set up. Being very helpful with his explanations and very patient with my questions.

Thanks again brother!

Quote Originally Posted by lymphocytosis View Post
    I just want to be another to testify about the generosity of our fellow member Dutch and publicly say a big thank you to him!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123