WBBB 1.1DL Black
    Tarp
    HG Camo Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator/Mamba
    Suspension
    DIY DG Whoopies

The Splicing Bug: Splicitus

Yup, I'm calling it splicitus... it's a disease...

I just very recently (like a week ago) got my first bit of Zing-It and started splicing... I've now redone my tarp rigging three times. And I'm not even CLOSE to done. Stopper knot? PFFFF! Backsplice is SO much sexier.

Now I want to redo an ASRL, dynaglide whoopies, and whatever else I can think of... think I see a significant order of Amsteel, Zing-It, and Dynaglide in my near future... lookout, Dutch. >.<!

Unfortunately, my fingers already hurt, lol. Even WITH the taper. Yeesh. Thanks a lot, y'all, for ANOTHER addiction I have to try and explain to the other half...

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    Like the name. Once you're good at it though, it does get kinda boring. But you can always go back to it easily. I'm getting ready to redo all my dyna Whoopies. They're going on 2 years of almost daily use...
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies &amp; straps
    Images
    Try making some soft shackles and continuous loops out of mason line. That stuff is slicker than frog spit, limp like cooked spaghetti, and loves to fray on the cut ends if you look at it too long.
    Hammocking, car camping, backpacking, kayaking, and mountain biking. Getting in touch with nature is getting expensive. Good thing I can DIY!

BurningDaylightOutdoors Ebay Store - http://www.ebay.com/usr/burningdaylightoutdoors1

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1DL Black
    Tarp
    HG Camo Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator/Mamba
    Suspension
    DIY DG Whoopies
    I've made half a dozen or so loops out of mason line (make good prussics on the Dynaglide RL), I find it much easier to splice than Zing-It. The fraying, though, is irritating to say the least.

Hammock
    HighlandWare
    Tarp
    Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Down UQ
    Suspension
    HW Buckle &amp; Web

The Fever

I caught the splicing fever earlier this year. I got it so bad I had to get me one of them Byron splicing wands and now splicing amsteel is as quick and simple as sleeping in a hammock. I even upgraded the thing with a quick clamp from a local bike shop, black so it matches the handle, and now I love the toy even more.

Now that I know how the thing is designed to work my thoughts drift off into a little splicing tool DIY as the price for the original was considerably steeper than it seems it should be. All one needs is some cordage, a metal tube, a little wood block for the handle, that quick clamp, a little super glue and a little solder. Once I get my hands on some of this fabled zing-it I'll make and try a mini splicing wand to see if it works as well as the bigger one.

• + New Posts