Images

Indoor Stand for Couples

This is from another thread that started talking about couples hanging, and I didn't see anyone talking about a stand for indoors. So, here we go!

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalin View Post
    This is something to look at for you: http://www.hammockcamping.com/Free%2...ck%20Stand.htm

I would think you could substitute wood for the pipes, and stain it to make something pretty nice, and relatively cheap. Also, you could build a shelving system in the back. I am also thinking it might look cool to put two additional support beams on top running from the posts that each hammock individually attatches, to the shared attatchment post.

I am also looking at what they call a three-point stand. Less flashy, but with some modification, it could work.

http://www.hammocks.com/hammock-stan..._Hammock_Stand

It is normally used for these spreader bar hammocks that attatch at three points instead of two. (Perhaps to stop that flip over thing that seems to happen with those hammocks?) Anyhow, I thought making a wider, sturdier version of one of those could be made to handle two hammocks.
    There are also many commercial versions out there, and perhaps they should be mentioned. (Including price!) I will try to update this if I have time, but I really need to focus on getting my review done! Thanks for any comments and ideas regarding this subject...
    Last edited by Narwhalin; 06-23-2008 at 01:23.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I'll be interested to see what you come up with.
    Some day I'd like to make a nice hammock stand, possibly w/ matching chair & side table.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Images
    The problem I am coming up with in my head is that the shape of the stand is triangular, which doesn't fit in asthetically with most rooms which are square shaped. I am also thinking of just making a rectangular shaped stand which would resemble a bunkbed frame, without the bed parts. You could have a solid roof on the top for storage, or leave it open and hang a curtain over the whole thing fancy-shmancy style! This would look more normal, I think. Input welcome on this topic!

Hammock
    Double Travel hammock
    Tarp
    ENO dry fly
    the bunkbed style idea is pretty good. with a cross member, you could still utilize the three point idea.

with the pipe stand, you could certainly substitute in some wood, but its going to cut down on it's portability, which really isnt there anyways. On the end where there are two uprights, I'd look at creating an 'x' between them for stability
    Josh

• + New Posts