My first trip report here. Went on my first backpacking solo overnight trip last weekend to Dolly Sods. Just got back from Fall MAHHA too which was awesome and met some great people, but that's for another thread.

I missed the big Dolly Sods trip this year since I was moving, but the weather was supposed to be great last weekend so I took my chance. Total the trip was about 10 miles with a lot of it uphill. The trails were fairly busy due to the weather but not too bad. I arrived early enough to get a good parking spot.

I started at the Blackbird Knob trailhead, down to the Upper Red Creek Trail. Took that to the beaver pond and turned left onto the Dobbin Grade trail. Followed that up to Rocky Ridge and took it back down the to end of the Blackbird Knob trail. Spent the night by the Left Fork of the creek. The weather was awesome and the terrain was beautiful.

Pack weight was 28lbs total with food and water, which I thought was ok for my first time. Probably took some extra just-in-case type stuff. But overall all my gear performed well and I didnt miss anything. My feet and shoulders were sore the next day though!

I hope to get out more and hopefully with some of the people I met this weekend!