BIAS XL Camper, ENO DN
    Tarp
    12x10 WL tarp
    Insulation
    Junebug quilts
    Suspension
    WS, TH, ET
    Images

Hiking Trip SC Palmetto trail lake moultrie passage.

I've been planning a trip on the northern leg of the moultrie passage for awhile now. I was thinking of the Dec 2nd trough the 4th. the Plan is a simple 20 mile hike from the trail head on the north side of lake moultrie (just off of hwy 45) to the first campsite Friday night (2 miles). Wake up Saturday and walk toward the sandy beach trail spur camp site (about 8 miles). Then Sunday walk back to the parking lot/trail head (10 miles). If anyone would be interested in getting away from the post Thanksgiving pre-Christmas haze I could use a trail buddy.

I know this is a wired time to be getting out. Now believe it or not this was the wife's idea (I love this women) She didn't want me getting all burnt out on the holiday season like I always do. If your interested post here or PM me and let me know.

Palmetto Trail Lake Moultrie Passage

Palmetto Conservation web page
    Life looks better from a BIAS hammock.

Hammock
    BIAS XL Camper, ENO DN
    Tarp
    12x10 WL tarp
    Insulation
    Junebug quilts
    Suspension
    WS, TH, ET
    Images
    Well that's a maybe from Sweeper

Hammock
    WB XLC Blackbird double 1.7, NANO 7
    Tarp
    WB Cammo Superfly
    Insulation
    WB Yetti & Mamba
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by mbcruzin View Post
    I've been planning a trip on the northern leg of the moultrie passage for awhile now. I was thinking of the Dec 2nd trough the 4th. the Plan is a simple 20 mile hike from the trail head on the north side of lake moultrie (just off of hwy 45) to the first campsite Friday night (2 miles). Wake up Saturday and walk toward the sandy beach trail spur camp site (about 8 miles). Then Sunday walk back to the parking lot/trail head (10 miles). If anyone would be interested in getting away from the post Thanksgiving pre-Christmas haze I could use a trail buddy.

I know this is a wired time to be getting out. Now believe it or not this was the wife's idea (I love this women) She didn't want me getting all burnt out on the holiday season like I always do. If your interested post here or PM me and let me know.

Palmetto Trail Lake Moultrie Passage

Palmetto Conservation web page

mbcruzin,

Glad to hear you are hiking the Palmetto Trail! I have been an avid hiker of the Palmetto Trail since Jan 2011. I have about 47% of the trail complete so far. I got a little excited when I saw your post. I am actually scheduled the hike the entire Lake Moultrie Passage, all 24 miles from start to finish, on Nov. 25th to the 27th. I will be doing a hike through of the trail and be doing about 8 miles a day.

It sucks that we can’t come together on this and do a hike through Hammock Trip. Since I will be hiking it before you do, I will make sure to get back with you on the ins and outs of the section that you are hiking.

Make sure you take lots of pictures to share with us in Hammock forums. Have fun and hang your hammock with your eyes to the sky!!!
    If you see me on the trail...DON'T YELL!...DON'T BAIL!... Its just your BOY, Camomeleon!!!

www.camomeleon.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/XtremeKatfishn

Hammock
    BIAS XL Camper, ENO DN
    Tarp
    12x10 WL tarp
    Insulation
    Junebug quilts
    Suspension
    WS, TH, ET
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeKatfishn View Post
    mbcruzin,

Glad to hear you are hiking the Palmetto Trail! I have been an avid hiker of the Palmetto Trail since Jan 2011. I have about 47% of the trail complete so far. I got a little excited when I saw your post. I am actually scheduled the hike the entire Lake Moultrie Passage, all 24 miles from start to finish, on Nov. 25th to the 27th. I will be doing a hike through of the trail and be doing about 8 miles a day.

It sucks that we can’t come together on this and do a hike through Hammock Trip. Since I will be hiking it before you do, I will make sure to get back with you on the ins and outs of the section that you are hiking.

Make sure you take lots of pictures to share with us in Hammock forums. Have fun and hang your hammock with your eyes to the sky!!!
    I was going to pick that date as well but that is the weekend we start putting all of the Christmas decorations up . Are you going to do ether of the trail spurs? I know there are two on the Moultrie passage and I was wondering how the tree situation is on both. On section 2 there is a nice trail spur going down to the water called sandy beach trail and that is where I was planning to spend night two. If you are heading that way please let me know.

Hammock
    WB XLC Blackbird double 1.7, NANO 7
    Tarp
    WB Cammo Superfly
    Insulation
    WB Yetti & Mamba
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by mbcruzin View Post
    I was going to pick that date as well but that is the weekend we start putting all of the Christmas decorations up . Are you going to do ether of the trail spurs? I know there are two on the Moultrie passage and I was wondering how the tree situation is on both. On section 2 there is a nice trail spur going down to the water called sandy beach trail and that is where I was planning to spend night two. If you are heading that way please let me know.
    I am planning on doing the spur trails also. I usually do lots of video and pictures on all my hammocking/hiking trips. You should check out my YouTube page link below. I tell you what, I will make sure that I attempt a hammock hang on the spur trails and video tape the experience. I will make sure to PM you with the link to the thread I created for the trip report. I should have pictures and the You tube videos the week before you head out on your hammock/hiking trip.

Have Fun!!! Talk to you soon.
    If you see me on the trail...DON'T YELL!...DON'T BAIL!... Its just your BOY, Camomeleon!!!

www.camomeleon.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/XtremeKatfishn

Hammock
    BIAS XL Camper, ENO DN
    Tarp
    12x10 WL tarp
    Insulation
    Junebug quilts
    Suspension
    WS, TH, ET
    Images
    bump

Hammock
    BIAS XL Camper, ENO DN
    Tarp
    12x10 WL tarp
    Insulation
    Junebug quilts
    Suspension
    WS, TH, ET
    Images
    still looking for trail buds on this one.

Hammock
    HH Explorer A-Sym
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    HH Supershelter
    Suspension
    Stock+descender
    I would love to make this one, how much advance notice do you need?

Hammock
    BIAS XL Camper, ENO DN
    Tarp
    12x10 WL tarp
    Insulation
    Junebug quilts
    Suspension
    WS, TH, ET
    Images
    I'm just keeping this as informal as it gets. No set time to be there but I'm hoping to be in camp (2 miles from the trail head) by 5pm ish. I hope you and sweep can make it. Best case/Worst case pm me up to thursday December 1st to let me know if you are joining me. Plus I'll send out a pm the week before as a reminder.

Hammock
    BIAS XL Camper, ENO DN
    Tarp
    12x10 WL tarp
    Insulation
    Junebug quilts
    Suspension
    WS, TH, ET
    Images
    bump again