Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    well if they are all the same i don't see how they would be improved/stronger than the old ones. everyone else uses at least some kind of reinforcement patch at the corner, kind of like the swt has. this spreads out the force to more than just the 1" or however wide the pull tab is. i don't want to say that it is sufficient or not. it's a new design so we won't know till they get some use in moderate to heavy wind. set it up next time it's windy out and see how it does.

Hammock
    Hammaka HALO SE
    Tarp
    JRB 11X10
    Insulation
    My Poncho Pod
    My first outing with the JRB 11x10 was in excellent "testing" conditions...the wind would gust pretty good and did so all night...no problems with mine.

I appreciate the photos and I like the idea you have on closing the ends while still having the tarp on the 11' ridge line...I had not even thought about that...

Question...in photo 3 there's a tab in the center of the tarp along the ridge line...mine has it too...what's it for? I hate to ask this...it's gota be a newbe question...LOL...
    Last edited by alex30808; 04-26-2008 at 19:57.
    Alex Williams
    Acts 10:13 "Arise Peter, Kill and Eat."
    Job 14:15 "Call upon Me and I shall answer you."
    Williams Custom Calls

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    well if they are all the same i don't see how they would be improved/stronger than the old ones. everyone else uses at least some kind of reinforcement patch at the corner, kind of like the swt has. this spreads out the force to more than just the 1" or however wide the pull tab is. i don't want to say that it is sufficient or not. it's a new design so we won't know till they get some use in moderate to heavy wind. set it up next time it's windy out and see how it does.
    Yeah, it's up now with some big storms supposed to blow through tomorrow. Like I said, I'm not impressed just looking at them, compared to my MacCat, for ex. But who knows, maybe it is strong enough. These loops are not my favorite thing about the hammock.

Though I do like the function of the middle loop I sent you a pic of. It functions great to run a cord thru it and cinch it down a little, narrowing the top opening, very much improving wind driven rain ( from the front/side of the tree) coverage. It works like a very steep storm pitch, but only up high on the ends where you really need it.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12