Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DemostiX View Post
    Who would be more likely to say so, and with less evidence? Maybe, even without consulting the web pages.

Speak to the facts, gentlemen, not to the avatar.
    Thread hijack stepping on soap box.

Instead of spending your time trolling why don't you spend it researching so you know what your talking about. A little bit of research can go a long way. You can pretty much find any and all information you want to about any vendors quilt or products by simply looking at their website. Their is only one vendor who I can think of that does not share what insulation material they use for their quilts and I do not buy from that vendor because of that. And if it's not on their website then an email or phone call goes a long way. Hammock Gear, Te-Wa, JRB, Leigh Lo, Warbonnet, Molly Mac Pack etc. all have extensive information about their products on their site. Review, links to you tube videos, blogs etc. Every thing and any thing I could of ever asked for. And if the information is not on their website, sometimes all you have to do is ask the vendor and they put the information up on their website. Hammock Gear is a perfect example of this. Their was a thread not to long ago which suggested putting "how to hang UQ" instructions on their website and they happily did so. Warbonnet also did the same with his website when people were getting confused on which hammock to buy for their weight. So before you start taking shoots at vendors websites why don't you go to them and research them first.

Thread back on topic off soap box.

As for the karo quilt. This is a great deal. I wish I had the money to snag one up. I think its great that this vendor is making quilts outta sil seconds to make them more affordable to people who may not have the means to spend on a equally rated quilt. Kudos kudos,
    LRR
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    Thread hijack stepping on soap box.

Instead of spending your time trolling why don't you spend it researching so you know what your talking about. A little bit of research can go a long way. You can pretty much find any and all information you want to about any vendors quilt or products by simply looking at their website. Their is only one vendor who I can think of that does not share what insulation material they use for their quilts and I do not buy from that vendor because of that. And if it's not on their website then an email or phone call goes a long way. Hammock Gear, Te-Wa, JRB, Leigh Lo, Warbonnet, Molly Mac Pack etc. all have extensive information about their products on their site. Review, links to you tube videos, blogs etc. Every thing and any thing I could of ever asked for. And if the information is not on their website, sometimes all you have to do is ask the vendor and they put the information up on their website. Hammock Gear is a perfect example of this. Their was a thread not to long ago which suggested putting "how to hang UQ" instructions on their website and they happily did so. Warbonnet also did the same with his website when people were getting confused on which hammock to buy for their weight. So before you start taking shoots at vendors websites why don't you go to them and research them first.

Thread back on topic off soap box.

As for the karo quilt. This is a great deal. I wish I had the money to snag one up. I think its great that this vendor is making quilts outta sil seconds to make them more affordable to people who may not have the means to spend on a equally rated quilt. Kudos kudos,
    LRR

Actually his attack was directed at me, cause I answered his question!

Then again at an Avatar! Or maybe that was a talk to the hand deal and not the Avatar, or my avatar? or?

Then it was an attack at some specific vendor, probably one that he has had previous discussion in and made untrue statements there too??? There was only one vendor subforum that was done in where I posted calling the false statement's false, sooooo????????

Tim,

I am sorry for the thread drift, hope you sell out of them quilt's brother!
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

But it's all smilies!
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranky Bear View Post
    Actually his attack was directed at me, cause I answered his question!

Then again at an Avatar! Or maybe that was a talk to the hand deal and not the Avatar, or my avatar? or?

Then it was an attack at some specific vendor, probably one that he has had previous discussion in and made untrue statements there too??? There was only one vendor subforum that was done in where I posted calling the false statement's false, sooooo????????

Tim,

I am sorry for the thread drift, hope you sell out of them quilt's brother!
    haha I thought he was directing it at me. I just think its ridiculous to be say things like that without doing the research. Hes gonna reply on here again but he knows he is wrong about this one. Does he admit it? probly not.

back on topic. Loving the prices on these quilts and they look great,wish I had the cash but keep up the good work enlightened
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    After two posts asking questions about Englightened quilts,-- the thread topic, Lazy River Road -- which are answered by Tim Marshall's Enlightnened web page, already cited, I claimed that Marshalls web page had more information on his materials and constructions than [the web pages] of other more frequently mentioned quilt makers.

A check of the web pages of Hammock Gear, Warbonnetoutdoors, Jacks R Better, Arrowhead, Leighlo, Wilderness Logics, and TeWa, all makers of fine quilts, will show that the fabric used in their quilts is at most mentioned, as 1.1 nylon. That would be without discussion, by default.

In another thread, Lazy River Road goes on at some length in comparsion of the fabric used in a custom quilt make for him by Hammockgear in comparison to the default fabric. He waxes eloquent (and preens?) on the difference in feel and lightness of the fabric he chose and supplied and on the result, including the much valued low resulting weight. Marshall's web page alerts quilt buyers to alternative fabrics, enabling choice or requiring hard decisions.

As a rebuttal, the quilt that was made for LRR was first and foremost "Custom" just as you described and "He" stated, second LRR had to "Send" in fabric to have this quilt made, third Adam had just got the material and was in "Testing" phase with it!

So with this said would you as a maker post up a material you don't have? Or a material that you haven't either tested yourself or had tested? Or literally just got?

The answer to all would be an equivocal "No"!

His response to your post was in direct correlation to not only my post but your first post which you state in quote: "The web page goes into more details on the materials and construction used than more-frequently named makers here (Before heaping love or abuse: Is that statement factually false?)"

Common, really, you don't see that as a smack in the face of a "Certain" maker, one who you have a history with negative comments??? You seem to be "Very" big on details of others, but not yourself in your own post's! Those other makers do go into detail on the material they use may it be one, two or more, then lets take a look at the word materials (fabric, down, ect...) is what that means right? You never mentioned the available selection of fabric! If you did then I would agree wholeheartedly that "Yes" Tim offers "WAY" more! Now construction, same thing different sentence, so let's not throw out the baby with the bath water!

One reason for Tim having more on his page is primarily due (note I said primarily) the Karo, second is the pump (built in) so he "Has" to explain it more as, by all accounts, it is something that "No one" else has ever done (to my knowledge, which is very limited)!! Also the "Other" makers go into a great deal more information on their pages which you discredit (not directly, but indirectly) in your statements and the emotion/attitude in the posts!

All things aside, "EVERY" cottage maker is so very important to the thing we love to do-- "Hammock Camp"-- and we as customers and enthusiasts show great support to those, and some more than others, which has apparently struck a nerve with some (surprisingly so), but to each there own!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12