Hammock
    DIY Wbbb Clone
    Tarp
    12x10 Cat cut DIY
    Suspension
    Ring Buckles
    Images

MAHHA- Report

Thanks to all who setup and attended the MAHHA hang.

Once again my boys had a great time.

Friday night started with some music from Loser before a light rain broke that up. Saturday was a sunny day and Peter Pan gave his flint napping demo. Diner was burgers and dogs.

After dinner we had the raffle donated by Jacks-r-better. I started thinking that NCPatricks luck didn't transfer over the web when there were only the two big prizes left. But he came through in the end and I won both 8x8 tarps.

Saturday night saw thunder storms roll in, with some wetness issues to take care of for my sons, I got wet myself.

After all was said and done both boys enjoyed the weekend and the rain didn't dampen their spirits.

Thanks again.
    Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time. ~Steven Wright

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    I really enjoyed myself and I'm sure Loser felt the same. I think the fall is too long to wait for the next one. I loved checking out everyones gear and showing off mine. One of these times I'm gonna make the Saturday night cookout.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    JRB 10X11, MacCat
    Insulation
    Snugfit, 2 JRBs
    Images
    I want to thank everyone who traveled from near and far to make the second MAHHA hang a success. We had about 24+ hangers attend and a good time was had by all. I'm sorry that I had to bail late friday night due to a reaction from over a hundred insect bites that I received on the hike from Harpers Ferry...so, I missed Saturday and barbecue. Made it back Sunday morning.
    Thanks to OH-NO, Happy Camper and JD for being such great hiking partners on our almost two day hike in from Harpers Ferry. You "guys" are the best. Thanks to Redtail for setting up the survey and for posting directions to the hang. Thanks to Peter Pan for his generous donations for the raffle on Satuday night and for his sage advice that he willingly shared with anyone who asked for it...and for his flint knapping demo at the barbecue. Pan...you rock! Thanks to everyone who organized things while I was gone.
    I am amazed at what a cohesive group hangers are. Its one of the few places that we "eccentric" people can get together and feel really comfortable with each other. I hope to see you all at the Fall MAHHA Hang in October. Date to follow once we can agree on one.
    Michael
    Qpens

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    WOW... that's quite a crowd! glad to hear it was such a good camping & hiking trip for yall.
    sorry to hear about your insect reactions qpens. i hope all's well now.

and i hope the one in the fall won't be the same weekend as the SEHHA camp out. if things are looking better for me, i'd like to try & make both if i can<G>.

hope someone took a few pictures!
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    JRB 10X11, MacCat
    Insulation
    Snugfit, 2 JRBs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    WOW... that's quite a crowd! glad to hear it was such a good camping & hiking trip for yall.
    sorry to hear about your insect reactions qpens. i hope all's well now.

and i hope the one in the fall won't be the same weekend as the SEHHA camp out. if things are looking better for me, i'd like to try & make both if i can<G>.

hope someone took a few pictures!
    We'll try to do a better job next time of not planning something that will interfere with other hangs.

Hammock
    HH Jungle
    Tarp
    speer
    Insulation
    IX underquilt, etc
    Thanks to all who attended. I had a great time and loved meeting everyone and seeing your gear. So much to learn. Everyone was so helpful and looked out for me the newbie. Can't wait for the next Hang.

See you then,

Happy Hanging, MerryMary

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    Wow, can we take over a camping area or what! I thought it would be hard to beat the Oct. MAHHA hang, but we did it! I have to say this hang was even better because not only was I meeting new people, but it was wonderful seeing the friends I made at the Oct. hang. Redtail and Qpens, good job!

I want to say that Qpens, JD, & Oh-No are the best hiking buddies a gal can have. Or is it Skydog, and Misto cuz they keep bears and critters away?! Anyway, ladies, if you ever get the chance to backpack with this crew, I highly recommend it !! Although JD & Oh-No did get call “Hiker Trash” by a woman at the 7-11, but I’ll let them tell you that story around a campfire some night. And if you're lucky, Oh-No will teach you to be evil like him.

Also want to thank Griz and Kurly for inviting me on their Sat. hike and getting to watch those 65 scouts coming past us from the opposite direction. I didn’t know they made packs that big and some scouts that small! But they were hanging in there even with the hot afternoon sun beating down on them.

Boy, the bridge hammocks that Dutch and Griz made are simply amazing. Thanks so much for explaining in such detail how you made this stuff. And as far as cool gear, 2Questions is coming up fast with his MYOG. (Although he’s got his wife as a ringer, I’m still giving credit where credit is due. ) Nice DIY stuff! FYI, 2Q&ZQ – my full zip and half zip HH mod worked GREAT on my 4 nights out hiking and camping. The combination of the modified HH with my JRB No Sniv and the JRB bigger tarp actually make me an even happier camper. Poor-fect!

Extra special kudos go to Pan for all the great JRB raffle prizes he brought. Pedro thanks for your cooking expertise and HH shirt that you added to the raffle. Also appreciate Pan’s efforts in making the raffle so much fun for the kids.

And speaking of kids! To all the dads who brought all those kids I want to compliment you on what a great group of young people. I’ve been a scout leader for a number of years and these kids REALLY impressed me. They are energetic, fun, kind, spirited, smart, sweetly mischievous, as well as polite and well behaved. And they did it all while camping! How do you get any better than that? Whatever you guys and your wives are doing – keep it up! It really added to the great family atmosphere of the hang.

And to everyone who attended . . . can’t wait for the next one! I miss everyone already . . .
    Last edited by HappyCamper; 04-28-2008 at 05:12.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    so does anyone care to try & name all the folks that came?<G>

just a side note... there was some discussion last year suggesting that it may be best not to give kids names along w/ their picture on line.
    i don't remember the details, so i'll let yall work that out.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Got home safely about three hours ago... Hung gear and took Bert to dinner..

What a great hang.... best part is that the area would easily support another 30 hangers....Plus the logistics base, shelter, bath rooms and guaranteed good water year round really make this a great spot..

Qpens thanks for coordinating the hang... great to catch up with the vets and meet the newbs....

Hiking in was a pure blast.... First two nights were gully washers as was the last night with a shower on night 6 just for good measure... BIG Tarps Rock....

If any of you ever consider hiking with Dgrav.... He is definatately gets a "two thumbs up" recommendation from me.... Don, thanks for joing us for seven great nights.

Gotta go fo now.... 1000 plus posts to catch up on...

Best to all.

Pan

PS.... Someone nominated NCP for the next surgery.
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    HH Explorer w/ Zipper Mod #4
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    Thanks to all for organizing the MAHHA hang. I had a great time meeting and putting faces to the names. The wealth of information on hammock hanging is unbelievable at such an event. The great folks willing to share their inventions, ideas, and visions for improvements make hammock camping all the more fun.
    I've uploaded pics to my gallery.
    2Q

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast