WBBB Dbl 1.7
    Tarp
    BigMambaJamba w/po
    Insulation
    3s BM & Incubator
    Suspension
    straps

How low can you go?

I just recently received a 3 season Incubator. I really like the design as it popped onto my WBBB with zero adjustment. Unfortunately it has warmed up here and my only night sleeping with it was a balmy 57*F

I'm wondering, you 3 season Incubator owners out there, how low have you taken your setup?

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    I had mine down to the mid to upper twenties this spring without any additional padding etc. I was very comfortable.

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.7
    Tarp
    BigMambaJamba w/po
    Insulation
    3s BM & Incubator
    Suspension
    straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
    I had mine down to the mid to upper twenties this spring without any additional padding etc. I was very comfortable.
    That's really good to hear. I'll be very happy if I can handle upper 20's. I don't usually BP when it is that cold, but it has happened.

I was surprised at how easily it matched up to the Black Bird. I didn't snug the ends at all - I just hung it and hopped in. Only time I felt the cool was when I rolled from back to side.

Seems to be a very well though out under quilt.

The only thing I'm a little sketchy on is the plastic storage bag provided - I'm not sure I'm comfortable storing a down quilt in plastic. I would've felt more comfortable with a cotton bad like the rest of my down goodies.

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    Hex Fly / Stock HH
    Insulation
    3SBurrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    WS's/ET's
    Hi dla, congrats on the Incubator! I just got mine a few days ago and I loooove it! The stuff sack that came with my Incubator and my Burrow are ripstop nylon. I don't know what you're talking about when you say it's plastic. Maybe you got one with a dwr (durable water repellent) coating, I don't know. It could also be silnylon. Either way, they are all good bags to store your down in. If they weren't Adam wouldn't use them. If you have a question I wouldn't hesitate to call him. Hopefully I'll see you at a group hang sometime! Take care..

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
    Miguel, do you tend to sleep warm or cold? 20 degrees would put this UQ perfect (with some wiggle room) for the worst I expect to camp in.

Quote Originally Posted by dla View Post
    The only thing I'm a little sketchy on is the plastic storage bag provided - I'm not sure I'm comfortable storing a down quilt in plastic. I would've felt more comfortable with a cotton bad like the rest of my down goodies.
    Are you talking about backpacking or closet storage? In my gear closet, I hang my down gear on clothes hangers.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BlackBird 1.0 DL
    Tarp
    Maccat ultra
    Insulation
    incubator+burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    I just recently received a 3 season Incubator. I really like the design as it popped onto my WBBB with zero adjustment. Unfortunately it has warmed up here and my only night sleeping with it was a balmy 57*F

I'm wondering, you 3 season Incubator owners out there, how low have you taken your setup?
    I slept in my 3s burrow/incubator setup at 14 degrees this winter with no issues. I was also using a winter tarp pitched low to avoid drafts, so I think that helped.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BlackBird 1.0 DL
    Tarp
    Maccat ultra
    Insulation
    incubator+burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    That's really good to hear. I'll be very happy if I can handle upper 20's. I don't usually BP when it is that cold, but it has happened.

I was surprised at how easily it matched up to the Black Bird. I didn't snug the ends at all - I just hung it and hopped in. Only time I felt the cool was when I rolled from back to side.

Seems to be a very well though out under quilt.

I wouldn't consider the included bag a storage bag, it compresses the down too far to want to store it long term in that bag. It's more of a stuff sack.

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.7
    Tarp
    BigMambaJamba w/po
    Insulation
    3s BM & Incubator
    Suspension
    straps
    When I opened the shipping box, I found the quilt in it's stuff sack, a page of instructions, and a rectangular, zippered, clear plastic storage bag. This might be something new. This storage bag looks like a miniature version of what bedroom quilts come in.

I'm not going to knock this plastic bag because I'm sure the folks at hammock gear know what they are doing. It's just a little different given that my other down bags are stored in large cotton bags.

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    Hex Fly / Stock HH
    Insulation
    3SBurrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    WS's/ET's
    Interesting, I haven't seen that before. I store my quilts in pillow cases and that seems to work well.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images

Sorry, but that has been said by so many here & now they look forward to below freezing temps JUST because they are now hangers. So I HAD to laugh.
    In fact, I said it so many times: "NO, I don't winter camp, too cold! Won't get any sleep!" now I'm called "Hard core" by my tenting friends*.

* Groundling friends who are becoming fewer (groundlings) as they switch to hanging BTW.
    When you have a backpack on, no matter where you are, you’re home.
    PAIN is INEVITABLE. MISERY is OPTIONAL.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast