Tarp
    OES/WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    WB Straps
    Images

The Fronkey Bug Net 2.0

I made one of Fronkey's bugnets for a PIF which turned out pretty well and then found myself offering another one in a trade. I liked the easy layout, design and construction of the Fronk-net and then added three things which I hope help improve upon this easy-to-use bugnet.

First, I added 10 inches to the length (Fronkey suggests 6 inches) as the first one felt tight - tight in that it seemed short when weight was added in the hammock bringing the ends of the bugnet toward the middle.

Next, I added a loop of nylon around the hole where your suspension comes through which added some heft. This beefed up area is where you can slide your hammock through the bugnet and leave it bunched up on one end of the hammock if you don't want to use it. Note, due to the small opening at the top of the bugnet, you can only fit your hammock through - no insulation or anything else but the hammock, it's simpy too small on opening.

Finally, I added a small piece of shock cord to the ridgeline (the top seam that drapes over your hammock's ridgeline) and tied on a mitten clip so you can clip the bugnet on to your suspension. This allows the bugnet to stay in place when weight is placed in the hammock.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Syb
    Enjoy the elevation

• + New Posts