WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    I personally,,when hammocking,,like the prestige of being one of the few...the proud,,(almost close to the Marines slogan)...and people are envious of the way we backpack and hack it in the woods..why change it..sterio type it,,get it into the mass production modes..I could see a real problem if we had everybody hammock camping everywhere as then it might become more regulated where we hang,,how we hang,,and when we could even hang..for now,,its still in its infancy,,even tho its in a super growth mode kinda,,what happens when the economy gets better and then you have the masses wanting to join in? Think about it. I personally also think that maybe some of our cottage guys,,have all they want and can handle,,they have their dry spells in manufacturing I am sure,,but would they want to go up against a main stream Coleman type manufacturer and try and be competitive for business? Sure its a 2 way street..but the bigger you get,,the more headaches in business you also have. After having owned myself 2 businesses,,and now working for a billion dollar company,,,I can relate to stiff competition and the problems in today's business world, and personally think that right now. with the type of govt. regualtions that are being shoved down our throats in the business world..its better to stay small for now,,and not be as noticed.

One other thing,,,I really enjoy ordering, waiting,,and waiting with anticipation,,,then getting the package,,opening it up gently,,,,then pulling the hammock/UQ/TQ/whatever I have ordered...OUT,,, fondling it,,eyeing every stitch,,,every inch of fabric,,,feeling the qualitity,,,feeling the handcraft perfection...the love that goes into making the product.....using it,,bragging how CUSTOM made it is as I show it off to my friends...EVEN Ti stakes,,glowlwire,,my alcy stove,,stuff others don't have or even know its made,,showing off,, feeing the lighteness of the downy goodness..can yu really get all of that in a mass produced product???? I say,,keep it like it is now...our cottage guys/manufactures, bust their butts for us and yu can tell,,in their work, sweat,,and the product them make..keep it like it is. and I do wish they all prosper and have a great life enjoying what they love doing for us.
    Last edited by Acer; 10-26-2011 at 18:59.

Hammock
    BlackBird dbl 1.1+Dutchware
    Tarp
    SuperFly+Dutchware
    Insulation
    HG & Mamba
    Suspension
    Straps+Dutchware
    Images

Great comments

Sounds like most agree that we all enjoy being apart of a small minority and enjoy the thrill of getting custom gear-myself included, I am eagerly awaiting my incubator from HG!

I really like the mention of OES & ULA as current breakout cottage manufacturers.

Great viewpoints and you have my mind spinning into areas that I didn't think of before.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123