Tarp
    dp gear .com
    Insulation
    dp gear .com
    Suspension
    dp gear .com

Down to ONE?

Hangers,

To date 4 of the 5 dp Heeter hammocks at 1/2 price have been confirmed with payment. That leaves one still available.

Draickin, Baja Hanger, and Red Bank ... you indicated sending an email or Forum PM? We have not received your transmissions as of Monday, Oct 31, 7am.

I should mention, it gets a bit confusing sorting Forum "handles"/names with your real name in emails that send payment. For future correspondence it would be helpful if you sign like this ... Dave Plantenga a.k.a. dp Dave

I'm happy for those of you who found this thread's special. dp hopes you enjoy being a dp Gear Crew member and will find our gear is reliable, light weight, and low cost.

dp Dave
    www.dphammockgear.com
    dplightweightbackpackinggear.com

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    Thanks DP Dave, sorry for not getting back sooner. I was out of the net.
    I can't wait to try out the Heeter Beeter. I will send payment.

Hammock
    dp gear .com
    Tarp
    dp gear .com
    Insulation
    dp gear .com
    Suspension
    dp gear .com

Special has ended.

Hangers,

Thank you to all of you who responded to our dp Heeter Hammock special.

Lucky you who qualified ... every once in a while it pays to surf the web.

I must get back to the cutting table and sewing machine ...

dp Dave
    www.dphammockgear.com

Quote Originally Posted by d-p View Post
    Hangers,

Thank you to all of you who responded to our dp Heeter Hammock special.

Lucky you who qualified ... every once in a while it pays to surf the web.

I must get back to the cutting table and sewing machine ...

dp Dave
    www.dphammockgear.com
    Thank you
    I look forward to trying out the Heeter Hammock..

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Guide Gear 12x12
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    looks good , but I am 6ft 250lbs
    "HANGING OUT" has taken on a whole NEW MEANING

I just got my Heeter Hammock in the mail...
    I will set it up tomorrow to check it out....
    This hammock has me puzzled...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by spaceweaseal View Post
    I just got my Heeter Hammock in the mail...
    I will set it up tomorrow to check it out....
    This hammock has me puzzled...

OK guys, "I get it now"
    I had a chance to set it up and lay in It a little while before the rain hit...
    When I opened it yesterday I was sure I would not like it, but I sure was wrong about that...This is a very nice little hammock... I was unsure about the suspension system that comes with it but it works really well and saves weight but If you hang from larger trees you will need longer straps...
    The hammock is pretty comfortable and I can't wait to test it out for a whole night...The hammock, suspension, in its stuff sack,( on my scales) weigh 19oz.
    I like the little hoop and loop across the hammock. When you hook it across the hammock it makes a nice little cocoon...

Last edited by spaceweaseal; 11-08-2011 at 13:57.

Hammock
    dp gear .com
    Tarp
    dp gear .com
    Insulation
    dp gear .com
    Suspension
    dp gear .com

18 oz?

Space Weasel,

Thank you for the kind words. It is our intention to offer reliable, light weight, and low cost gear. Should we add ... inovative?

We apologize about the extra ounce. Reason? We've made the dp Heeter hammock 2 inches wider than the prototype. We'll change the weight on www.dphammockgear.com today. We have been busy and forgot to change the weight earlier.

Wider? We wanted a better diagonal lay. (Flatter)

Flatter lay? The very low stretch hammock fabric is responsible for the much flatter lay.

And please remember, the dp Heeter hammock can double as a foul weather wrap as the Triastic hammock fabric we use is 99% waterproof with the attached polyester insulation underquilt keeping you snug as a bug in reasonable temperatures.

Happy Hanging
    dp Dave

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps

Talking Got my DP Heeter Hammock

I received the DP Heeter Hammock a couple days ago, and went out last night and put it up.
    First, the light weight when unpacking was awesome, but had me a little worried. I learned very quickly once I took it out of the bag that it was good quality and sturdy material. The underquilt was nice and looked like it would be very sufficient for cool weighter.
    Second, the rigging was different and I definitely had to use the instruction paper to set it up, but after a couple minutes it was up. I like the light weight of the hammock and rigging, but I don't like the head end rigging being shorter than the foot end. I had to put the head end strap about 2 1/2 ft off the ground and the foot end strap at about 7 ft since the closest trees I had of the correct size for the short straps was about 14 ft. It took some adjusting, but I got it set up and laid pretty flat. I did have to change my usual lay from feet right and head left to feet left and head right. For some reason it just felt better that way.
    The temp was about 61 degrees and my back was toasty while the top of me without any cover was a little cool. I didn't plan on sleeping in it over night, I really just planned on practicing the rigging. I ended up laying in it for about an hour because it was so comfortable, but my dogs didn't like it because I wouldn't let them join me. So, after several angry looks and whines from the dogs I finally got up and took it down. I didn't want the dogs to mess up my nice new hammock.
    The underquilt kept my back nice and warm and I am very pleased with the hammock except for the rigging. For keeping the weight down and maybe using it for backpacking, then the rigging will work okay, but I worry about the short straps and the ropes are not that long either if you are in an area with just a few trees to choose from. I also do not like the head end rigging being shorter than the foot end. I will probably hook up some whoopies and longer straps since the trees are bigger in my yard and usually where I hang.
    The last thing is the stuff sack, it works and it all fits back in, but with a lot of stuffing and pushing. The bag needs to be just a little bit bigger. I know, we are going for light weight here, but I hate to have to battle with it.
    Overall, I love the hammock, and will take it out for an overnight this weekend. The light weight is wonderful and the rigging is very light weight and will work, but I will change it. I can't wait to sleep over night in it to see how well the underquilt does. I don't think we will get really low temps here this weekend, but I will keep you posted on all the details of the overnight hang, probably Monday.
    DP Dave thanks for the opportunity to check this out, and you and your crew did a fantastic job on this hammock. It will definitely be a go to hammock when I am going for light weight. I must admit though, I still love my Clark NA and my Hennessey Explorer Ultralight better. For backpacking though, yours will be the one I go to. Thanks again, and I look forward to more dealing with you in the future. If you ever need anyone to check out anymore of your creations, just let me know.

I agree that the stuff sack needs a little more room because the hammock wants to explode out of the bag. It would make it easier if the stuff sack had a cordlock because trying to tie the tiny sting on the over stuffed stuff sack is a pita....
    Last edited by spaceweaseal; 11-10-2011 at 13:24.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast